The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
YardenUK

The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan

Post by YardenUK »

Last night on the UK's Channel 4 was a fascinating documentary called The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan. It was actually quite disturbing I found......................

Here is the official blurb, with a link to enable people to watch it online:

In the light of the recent democratic elections in Afghanistan, the True Stories strand presents a season of programmes looking at the often unseen faces of war-torn Afghanistan.

The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan reveals a dark side of Afghan culture which has up to now remained hidden. A tradition known as Bacha Bazi (literally `boy play'), which was banned by the Taliban, is spreading through the country and exploiting the desperation of many poverty stricken children.

Young boys are lured from the streets with the promise of a new life as singers and dancers for former warlords and businessman. But as well as being trained, they are traded for sexual favours and subjected to abuse, rape and sometimes even murder.

Afghan journalist Najibullah Quraishi gains extraordinary access to they boys and their masters and throws light on a subject that no-one wants to talk about, exposing how the authorities charged with stopping the practice are complicit in it themselves.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the- ... fghanistan
bkklove

Re: The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan

Post by bkklove »

The video on that link is country restricted.

u can download the torrent http://www.btscene.com/details/2047023/ ... istan.html

I'm downloading now so I can't give a comment yet.
fountainhall

Re: The Dancing Boys of Afghanistan

Post by fountainhall »

I saw a documentary on this very same subject here in Thailand well over a year ago. I think it was on BBC or CNN. I wonder if it is the same one. Whatever, it had my stomach churning. That the Americans, British and UN forces permitted this foul practice to start up again in so called 'free' Afghanistan is utterly contemptible. Of course, they will plead innocence, but it was the Americans who foisted the crooked and corrupt Karzai on to the 'throne'. The west must not be allowed to walk away from this.