Long weekend in Abu Dhabi

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
atri1666

Long weekend in Abu Dhabi

Post by atri1666 »

Arrived in time 6 am here. With fasttrack and Etihad limo quickly to the Sofitel. Early check in no problem and upgrade to Operacornersuite. My room in 32nd floor. Quickly could have 6 hookups with asians and 2 with arabs. First take a nap and visited lounge now at 35th floor. Lunch now is a' la carte. Took angus plus badoit french sparkling water plus mango juice plus big fruit platter...for free. Same in Zürich paid 60 Euro. Saw already hot staff in the lounge. Normally would arrive late in the evening but my flight was without business class and i got one in the night flight. Was full. Now i am tired. No sleep in the night. Looked movies.
Gaybutton

Re: Long weekend in Abu Dhabi

Post by Gaybutton »

How did you go about finding potential hookups in Abu Dhabi? Would there be any difficulty taking them to your room?
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

GR app on my ipad. Meet in lobby first...watch till the guard at elevators moves out and now no problem. Also can go reception and tell to have daytime guest for short time as friend. They wrote me for hookup... they horny for blowjob and between 23 and 34. Bad is the staff knows me because stayed here very often. Lady in the lounge welcomed me with name and i was surprised. Had a nice and long nap. Now coffee and cake with goldened walnuts....decadent. They prepare cocktailhour now. Phantastic view from lounge over city and beach and port.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

Personally I would not have to courage to hook up with a guy anywhere in Arabia. If you get caught you have a big problem. Gays are killed.
The hotel staff obviously knows you quite well. They know every time you visit, you take 'friends' to your room. They will notice this after a few visits. Only one of them has to be a devout muslim or feel hate for your nationality (say you are Jew or American, disliked by many bigoted Muslim Arabians) and call the police who then catches you with your man of the day and you have a big big problem. I don't understand why you take such risks in Arabia.
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

I here not agree.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

atri1666 wrote:I here not agree.
Can you please elaborate on why you not agree? I think personally I gave some good arguments. You are maybe lucky you are not in jail (or worse).
Where did I make a mistake in my way of reasoning?
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

With the right behaviour in all or most countries you wont have any problems. i travel since i was 14. Never had anywhere any problems. I was more than 50 times in the emirates. They dont care what you do in the dark or in your room. Here many men meet everywhere in the hotel and nobody cares about but you should not cry hello darling lets go fuck. Emirates are not the other arab countries where you never will find me.
thaifarang

Post by thaifarang »

Ok thanks.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Things aren't always as they are presented in the West.

I've spent a lot of time over the past thirteen years in a predominantly Muslim (with a well-integrated Christian community) country over the past thirteen years. When I first went there I determined to keep my sexuality under wraps; I wasn't there for a gay holiday after all. However, when I become more open with my hosts, I found that they didn't care; what interested them was my support for the Resistance and my preparedness to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the oppressed. When my boyfriend became seriously ill six years ago, my friend went to Al Aqsa to pray for him....I joked that he was the first gay Buddhist to have this honour.
Palestine is, of course, a largely secular nation, despite its historical importance in Islam. The women are liberated are the younger ones, in particular, politically -committed. When you live under a military occupation, sexuality is not as important as surviving.
The attack on the gay parade in Jerusalem was committed by far-right Jews. I feel safe among Palestinians, both Muslim and (obviously) Christian. The extreme nationalist Israelis (in Jerusalem and the colonies) are frightening. I keep clear of them wherever possible.....it's bad enough being a Christian and a Briton in their eyes without bringing sex into it.
atri1666

Post by atri1666 »

I had a incredible super stay in Abu Dhabi. Super staff in Sofitel. Offers in the Lounge very good. Funny i had 2 times fun with asians working in the City. I only needed some tips for the room maid and the staff but everything else free. Ok it is not cheap to stay there but if you take normal room and you must pay in the Restaurants it will cost you a lot more. In time pick up from Etihad limoservice and the Driver brought me to their checkin and so i had lots of time in the first class Lounge (at time separated in the Business Lounge in terminal 3).Save at home and still have all the week free time.