Dildo for President?

Anything and everything about gay life anywhere in the world, especially Asia, other than Thailand.
fountainhall

Dildo for President?

Post by fountainhall »

Indonesia has a very large number of young people. 17 - 40 year olds will make up 40% of the voting population in April's General Election. And they are pissed off with the lying political establishment. So will they buy into the ticket "Dildo for President"?

Unlikely, unfortunately, if only because "Dildo" is not a candidate - he does not even exist. He's a character made up by a group of disaffected students sharing an internet comedy page after they became fed up with the line up of official candidates. Realising that they cannot ignore this millennial vote, some of these official candidates have taken to wearing sneakers and including occasional pop culture references in their bland campaign speeches. It is not working!

The current President's running mate is a 75-year old Muslim cleric who has advocated several fatwas including one against the LGBT community and another against the practise of yoga - yoga??? Another contender is accused of human rights violations. The spoof Presidential Dildo ticket is proving far more popular. Dildo advocates for LGBT rights and the legalisation of marijuana.
Created by a group of disaffected millennials, they have struck a chord with young voters and their social media profiles, which regularly lampoon mainstream politics, have attracted almost 400,000 followers on Instagram and thousands on Twitter and Facebook since their creation last month.

In what has so far shaped up to be a lacklustre election campaign, Nurhadi and Aldo have become best known for their vulgar campaign tagline, a creative abbreviation of the first few letters of their names that translates as “Dildo for Indonesia”.

“I see this movement as a breath of fresh air for our politics,” says Edwin, one of the creators, told the Guardian. “It is a new perspective, a new way to enjoy politics, and the drama of elite politicians who always argue, but don’t actually represent us.

“I was really looking forward to hearing from our candidates, but mostly they don’t show us their programs, or generate solutions for our problems.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... -to-please
Captain Kirk

Re: Dildo for President?

Post by Captain Kirk »

Aw come on, I can't be the only person who looked at the thread title and immediately thought "what....another one?"
thewayhelooks

Post by thewayhelooks »

I thought he was talking about the American president.
pinoyfriends

Post by pinoyfriends »

I disagree with Western politics influencing the East. Having a literal dildo for a president is a step too far.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

pinoyfriends wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:05 pm Having a literal dildo for a president is a step too far.
But at least a step in the right direction. Can you think of any current western president or likely presidential candidate that you would really want? I can't . . .