Which of these 2020 Democrats agrees with you most?

Dodger

Re: Which of these 2020 Democrats agrees with you most?

Post by Dodger »

Biden just committed to having a female Vice President if elected.

If he's working a deal with Elizabeth Warren that would certainly win her endorsement. Not a bad strategy.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics ... 20-debate/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:35 am Biden just committed to having a female Vice President if elected.
That puts an end to what I was thinking. I thought he might offer it to Bernie Sanders. Of course, maybe he did and Sanders said no.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I couldn't think of anywhere else to put this and I didn't want to start a separate topic, but here 'tiz . . .

bluemoon

Post by bluemoon »

Unfortunately none of them , Bernie is the only one with fire in his belly ...Joe Biden is yesterdays man ..too meek ,
Americans are not ready for True Democracy .. too much money involved in politics .
God help us and the rest of the world for another 4 years of TRUMP .
Captain Swing

Post by Captain Swing »

If he's going to pick a female VP. I hope it's Amy Klobuchar or Kamala Harris; both of them have reasonable stature and accomplishment to be more than a token. It's possible to picture either of them as president, should something befall the elderly President Biden. The same holds true for Elizabeth Warren, I suppose: she would be a plausible candidate, but I still can't stand her. What I'm afraid of is that the choice will be Stacey Abrams, the name that's being bandied about most often. Her main accomplishment is losing a race for Georgia governor; before that she was a Georgia state legislator. But for some reason she's become the flavor-of-the-month, the dream candidate of a sizable chunk of influential Democrats. To be brutally honest, it's mainly because she's not only female but black. "Diversity", don't you know. Her supporters are willing to overlook her lack of experience or qualifications for national office. If she's the choice, I'm going to vote for Trump. (Not really. Biden could pick Squeaky Fromm and I still would vote for him over Trump).
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Captain Swing wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:08 pm If he's going to pick a female VP. I hope it's Amy Klobuchar or Kamala Harris; both of them have reasonable stature and accomplishment to be more than a token. It's possible to picture either of them as president, should something befall the elderly President Biden. The same holds true for Elizabeth Warren, I suppose: she would be a plausible candidate, but I still can't stand her. What I'm afraid of is that the choice will be Stacey Abrams, the name that's being bandied about most often. Her main accomplishment is losing a race for Georgia governor; before that she was a Georgia state legislator. But for some reason she's become the flavor-of-the-month, the dream candidate of a sizable chunk of influential Democrats. To be brutally honest, it's mainly because she's not only female but black. "Diversity", don't you know. Her supporters are willing to overlook her lack of experience or qualifications for national office. If she's the choice, I'm going to vote for Trump. (Not really. Biden could pick Squeaky Fromm and I still would vote for him over Trump).
Stacy Abrams name is floated to show he wants diversity. After the show, He will ultimately choose someone like Harris or Klobucar. I don't if Minnesota gov is Democrat or Republican who chooses her replacement. California is a Democrat so Harris seems the most likely choice.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:32 am
Dodger wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:35 am Biden just committed to having a female Vice President if elected.
That puts an end to what I was thinking. I thought he might offer it to Bernie Sanders. Of course, maybe he did and Sanders said no.
I think you were joking, Sanders? A 77 year old asking a 78 year old who's had heart attack and stent to be his running mate? 😂
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:59 pm I think you were joking, Sanders?
No joke. That is what exactly what I thought. Many people have had heart attacks and heart surgery and are getting on in years. Does that disqualify them from being Vice President? Not to me.

Biden says he wants a female Vice President. I guess a sex change operation is out of the question for Sanders at this point in his life. A pity . . .

I like both Biden and Sanders. Between the two I prefer Biden, but I also would have no objection to President Sanders, which would be a hell of a lot better than who we've got. If by some miracle Sanders does manage to secure the nomination, I wonder who he would want for Vice President.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:55 pm Biden says he wants a female Vice President. I guess a sex change operation is out of the question for Sanders at this point in his life.
Maybe so, but if Buttigieg would wear a little lip gloss and eye shadow he could fit the bill.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:03 pm Maybe so, but if Buttigieg would wear a little lip gloss and eye shadow he could fit the bill.
That might be more suitable for Randy Rainbow . . .