Dollar To Take a Hit

Undaunted

Dollar To Take a Hit

Post by Undaunted »

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Up2u

Re: Dollar To Take a Hit

Post by Up2u »

The other developed economies of the world are doing the same thing. If the world economies go into recession, what you want to be holding THB or USD?. Rhetorical question.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Up2u wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:27 pm The other developed economies of the world are doing the same thing. If the world economies go into recession, what you want to be holding THB or USD?. Rhetorical question.
Both.

If the world economies go into recession, there would be more dollars, euros, pounds etc created to try and stimulate the economy. All of which is already happening.

I would want to hold assets in a number of currencies and gold.

If I lived in Thailand permanently, I would also want more exposure to Thailand than I currently have.

If Trump got re-elected and proceeded to create a severe inflation bubble, which currency would you want to hold ?
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Jun wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:02 pm If Trump got re-elected and proceeded to create a severe inflation bubble, which currency would you want to hold ?

Not necessarily Trump, any President, Democrat or Republican, will pass huge stimulus bills if there is a world recession. The world Bank, IMF, and all countries affected will also offer stimulus bills, ala the last great recession. The USD historically has been a stabilizing force in times of economic crisis.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Up2u wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:50 pm Not necessarily Trump, any President, Democrat or Republican, will pass huge stimulus bills if there is a world recession.
Agreed, but Trump is the one with multiple bankruptcies and he happened to already pass a huge stimulus bill approximately one decade into the bull market.
This was highly irresponsible. Now they will need even more debt.