Have You Received Your Deposit From the IRS?

Up2u

Re: Have You Received Your Deposit From the IRS?

Post by Up2u »

Undaunted wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:28 pm
windwalker wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:47 pm I received mine on 14th April. I also filed my 2019 income tax early in the year.
I never file early because I always must pay....why should I give the government my money earlier than it is due?
I had read that the first wave of checks would be those who had filed their 2019 returns. The second wave would be the 2018 returns and last would be those who do not file electronically (perhaps 1-2 months). From the responses here that pattern appears to be holding.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Thanks. I told my accountant. He said he would track it.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

5 reasons you may not have gotten your stimulus money yet

See: https://us.cnn.com/2020/04/16/politics/ ... index.html
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:20 pm Thanks. I told my accountant. He said he would track it.
You can track it yourself here:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

You probably haven't received payment because IRS hasn't finished processing your 2019 tax filing yet.

IRS looks at your last tax filing before sending payment. Because your 2019 filing was sent in later rather than sooner, it was probably sitting in queue when they sent the first batch of stimulus payments out and just has to complete the process.

Let's hope Pelosi's new stimulus proposal gets signed by the idiot in charge. If it does, we can expect another $2,000 a month to be hitting our accounts for at least six months. Fingers crossed!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:55 am Let's hope Pelosi's new stimulus proposal gets signed by the idiot in charge. If it does, we can expect another $2,000 a month to be hitting our accounts for at least six months. Fingers crossed!
I hadn't seen that. I certainly would have no objection. But knowing Trump, he'd want it taxed as additional income . . .

Can you post a link to where you saw this? I can't find anything about it.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Yes, the $2000 sounds great, but don’t hold your breath.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:04 am
Dodger wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:55 am Let's hope Pelosi's new stimulus proposal gets signed by the idiot in charge. If it does, we can expect another $2,000 a month to be hitting our accounts for at least six months. Fingers crossed!
I hadn't seen that. I certainly would have no objection. But knowing Trump, he'd want it taxed as additional income . . .

Can you post a link to where you saw this? I can't find anything about it.
I wouldn't get your hopes up......

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedm ... ss-refund/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:21 am I wouldn't get your hopes up......
I agree. Getting hopes up about that would definitely be counting your chickens before they hatch. My guess would be this idea is either going nowhere or by the time it could pass it would end up being far less than $2000 per month.

It would be nice to be wrong, but why do I think this proposal is far more likely to be going nowhere?

Of course, if anyone really wants to dream, how about Congress going for even more than $2000 per month . . . ?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

If the Congressional Proposal for additional stimulus aid gets Trump's signature of approval, the $2,000/month payments to American citizens would not be considered as income, therefore not taxable. Apparently, Trump's initial response to this proposal was favorable.

Guess (or dream) as you choose.

My guess is that it may just pass to help bolster the U.S. GDP at a time with Trump is grabbing at straws to keep the economy afloat.

The bad news, if this thing does pass, is that America will have another trillion dollars in debt for our children to deal with. Future generations probably won't be able to retire until they're a hundred years old if this keeps up.

Read about it here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/democra ... nth-2020-4