Bells and Whistles

Gaybutton

Bells and Whistles

Post by Gaybutton »

As far as I can tell, the board is working as it is supposed to be working. I'm not finding any glitches now and nobody has reported any to me. So, now it's time for "bells and whistles" if you want them.

Other than the YouTube icon, I can't think of anything else the board needs, certainly nothing as a matter of urgency. But if you have ideas for modifications that can be put in place, this is the thread on which to post your ideas. If I like your ideas and have the ability to do it, I will do it.
Grimmy

Re: Bells and Whistles

Post by Grimmy »

How about an option for Polls?

:mrgreen: Grimmy
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Grimmy wrote:How about an option for Polls?
Good idea. I'll see what I can do.
Grimmy

Post by Grimmy »

Also, is there anyway to add a button in the reply options for justifying and centering text?

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

As far as polls go, I've fixed that. It was something I missed when setting up the board. You can create polls on new threads, but you can't create them on threads that already exist. If you want to create a poll, when starting a new topic scroll down below the box in which you write your post. You'll see a tab for poll creation.

As for centering and justifying text, I know there are mods that can do that. I'll try to find them and put them in place.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Ok, now I have installed an alignment icon as requested by Grimmy. When you post a message, if you wish to control the alignment, first highlight your text. Then click on the align= icon. At the top left of your post you will see [align=]. To the right of the = sign, but still inside of the bracket, you can enter left, right, or center, or justify.

It should look like this:[/align]

Now when you submit your post, the alignment will be as you selected.

You probably won't need to use the align left very often because the post is automatically aligned left unless you change the alignment.
As an example, I've aligned this part of the post to center
And this part aligned to the right.
Grimmy

Post by Grimmy »

Thanks Gaybutton. Your timely work is greatly appreciated.

Another suggestion for you to throw under your belt... You might want to consider posting a rules section to this board. That way, users will know exactly what you expect and what won't be tolerated. Might make your life a little easier down the road.

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Grimmy wrote: You might want to consider posting a rules section to this board.
That's in the works.
TOQ

Post by TOQ »

Will you be able to install other board styles. Also, is there an option to place the user name and info on the left instead of the right.

thanks
john
thai4u

Post by thai4u »

Is a spell checker a possible option?