Republicans Take Control of US Senate

Gaybutton

Re: Republicans Take Control of US Senate

Post by Gaybutton »

gong wrote:No. What I am saying is that your agenda is hardly a progressive one
You're right. It isn't. So what? While I appreciate you guessing for me where I would go to live if I ever leave Thailand, if you can give me a good reason to give a damn whether recreational marijuana use is ever legalized in Nebraska, or even nationwide, or whether Chris Christie closed a highway, I'm all ears. I'm curious about things like that and I read about them, but as for caring about them - why should I? Those things don't even have potential for affecting my life in any way, shape or form. I care about things that do affect my life. My guess is you don't lose much sleep over issues that can't possibly affect your life either.

Alex wrote:I think I've read that you'd have to go back to President Truman to find a similar result. I'd call that a loud and clear message.
gong

Post by gong »

Gaybutton wrote:
gong wrote:No. What I am saying is that your agenda is hardly a progressive one
You're right. It isn't. So what? While I appreciate you guessing for me where I would go to live if I ever leave Thailand, if you can give me a good reason to give a damn whether recreational marijuana use is ever legalized in Nebraska, or even nationwide, or whether Chris Christie closed a highway, I'm all ears. I'm curious about things like that and I read about them, but as for caring about them - why should I? Those things don't even have potential for affecting my life in any way, shape or form. I care about things that do affect my life. My guess is you don't lose much sleep over issues that can't possibly affect your life either.
But my original question (about progressiveness) was not addressed to you. You just spelled out your priorities and your life ideology and I have no problems with that (except for I am not sure that you really understand what affects your life, but even this is your own business). My original question was addressed to gay gestapo who seem to feel to be in position to dictate how each and every gay American should vote. I have nothing but disdain for these brainless people.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Alex wrote:
Up2u wrote:Let's remember this mandate as the Republicans are calling their midterm victory was the vote of 1/3 of the American electorate.
Let's remember that the entire House was also up for election, not just 1/3 of the Senate. Looking at the House specifically, I think I've read that you'd have to go back to President Truman to find a similar result. I'd call that a loud and clear message.
Not quite, not even close to be historic. When the Tea Party won in 2010 the Democrats lost 64 seats. Clinton s first midterm the Democrats lost 54 seats, also historic. JFK carried 15 Democrat Senators when he beat Nixon. Reagan carried 12 Republican Senators with him when he beat Carter. When 66% of the electorate doesn't vote I don't see how republicans can claim a mandate. Please clarify what the message was(simply anti-obama?) what is the Republican agenda, I would like to know.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gong wrote:But my original question (about progressiveness) was not addressed to you.
You did write the following, didn't you?
gong wrote:you should ask yourself a simple question: What is your progressiveness?
While it wasn't addressed specifically to me, that question opened the door to anyone wanting to respond to it. I didn't know I was supposed to wait for "Gaybutton, this question is for you."

I think I understand perfectly well what affects me, both directly and indirectly. There is something you wrote that does interest me very much, though. Who is this "brainless gay gestapo" you refer to?

I'm also interested in your opinion as to what I should care about, but apparently do not, and why I should care.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

The Republicans do have an agenda, the repeal of Obamacare, more restrictions on a women's right of choice, no immigration legislation, and the sanctity of marriage between a man and woman only. The Appeals Courts have upheld gay marriage bans in some states and ultimately the issue goes to SC, so don't anyone get their hopes too high. I wonder if the Democrats who didn't vote realize what was at stake.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /15712319/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:The Republicans do have an agenda, the repeal of Obamacare, more restrictions on a women's right of choice, no immigration legislation, and the sanctity of marriage between a man and woman only.
And war. Don't forget war. John McCain is probably already out there polishing up those nukes.

Maybe in 2016 I'll finally get my wish for four, perhaps eight, years of fun and frolic - The Dan Quayle, Sarah Palin ticket.

"But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies."
- Sarah Palin

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."
- Dan Quayle

"I love America. I love all the freedom we used to have."
- George Carlin
pitrevie

Post by pitrevie »

Up2u wrote:I know gay Republicans and they argue fiscal responsibility, taxes, their pocketbook trumps social and gay rights issues.
They didn't seem to be arguing fiscal responsibility when Reagan was there and by the time Bush managed to turn a budget surplus into a financial meltdown I think fiscal responsibility was the last thing that was on their minds. It appears to have been discovered since that black communist Muslim got into the White House.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I wonder if the Republicans realize that the black communist Muslim president they despise has bombed 7 Muslim countries during his presidency in the name of keeping America safe. Anyone care to name them?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Up2u wrote:Please clarify what the message was(simply anti-obama?) what is the Republican agenda, I would like to know.
Fed up with President Obama, yes, I think that's pretty much the only sensible way to read it. Personally, I think he's earned it. As for the GOP's agenda, I'm afraid I cannot help you.
Astro

Post by Astro »

Maple wrote:Gay Farang's lifestyle of having interracial and inter-generational sex with Thai guys. .
I'll vote for you Maple, but with that platform you're not even carrying Massachusetts! :mrgreen: