Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Dodger

Re: Consequences of Trump's Win - 5

Post by Dodger »

Here's some more on the same topic;

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/05/poli ... index.html.

Maybe...just maybe...this will help to convince just a few of his cult following that the man doesn't have an ounce of integrity.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:42 pm Maybe...just maybe...this will help to convince just a few of his cult following that the man doesn't have an ounce of integrity.
I certainly hope so, but considering the number of people who were stupid enough to vote for him in the first place, I am not holding my breath.

Even if Biden wins by the largest lanslide in history, the big fear now is Trump will not voluntarily leave the White House. He will do everything he can to come up with ways to try to remain in power. Maybe after these kinds of comments from him, the military will physically remove him if he loses the election but won't peacefully leave.

I can't even imagine what will happen if Trump gets re-elected. And I hope we won't have to find out the hard way.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

My fear is that if Trump loses and challenges the election the country will sink into a civil war - and I mean a shooting one with radicalized cells. The loonies on the far right appear to be organized and well armed. I don't think they will peacefully accept anything other than a Trump victory and I believe Trump will encourage them to act out. If such a scenario occurs, I don't know how the military will react. Will the rank and file follow their commanding officers and will the upper echelons follow Trump or the (from their point of view) the illegally installed Commander in Chief? I think we're in for some interesting times post election.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

RichLB wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:57 pm My fear is that if Trump loses and challenges the election the country will sink into a civil war - and I mean a shooting one with radicalized cells. The loonies on the far right appear to be organized and well armed. I don't think they will peacefully accept anything other than a Trump victory and I believe Trump will encourage them to act out. If such a scenario occurs, I don't know how the military will react. Will the rank and file follow their commanding officers and will the upper echelons follow Trump or the (from their point of view) the illegally installed Commander in Chief? I think we're in for some interesting times post election.
Scary situation for sure, but once a new President is elected, regardless if the former President agrees with the election results or not, the military, including each and every other branch of government, are legally bound to follow the orders of the newly elected President and Commander & Chief. Not following this rank & file would be considered treason. One would assume that any peaceful protests by Trump supporters would be controlled by the States, and if violence erupts, the federal government could take over and send in the troops if necessary.

I agree that the loonies on the far right appear to be organized and well armed, but seriously doubt they would stand up to the U.S. Marine Corps. with Black Hawk helicopters and Hellfire missiles.

Personally, and I really hate saying this, I believe that a group of people becoming violent in an attempt to block a newly elected President from taking office should be treated the same as a terrorist group. Even if it means bagging and tagging em.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:13 pm
Even if Biden wins by the largest lanslide in history, the big fear now is Trump will not voluntarily leave the White House. He will do everything he can to come up with ways to try to remain in power.
Even after 3+ years I still can't believe he got elected. It's like being in the Twilight Zone.

I agree, he'll definitely not go down voluntarily, and will probably attempt to further divide the country in a flurry of lawsuits contesting the election results, using Fox News and his Tweet Machine to stoke the fires with his cult. It will certainly be one for the record books, not as if everything he's done while holding office hasn't already set records, including his accomplishments at being fact-checked to have told over 30,000 bold-faced lies to the American people to date which may even set a new Guinness World Record.

I pray for a peaceful and non-eventful transition of power, but, in all honesty, I'd like to see him getting dragged across the White House lawn with duck tape wrapped around his mouth...holding a picture of himself in one hand - and his blonde wig in the other.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:32 pm his accomplishments at being fact-checked to have told over 30,000 bold-faced lies to the American people to date which may even set a new Guinness World Record.
In his case, that's a first. Until Trump took office, has any president, any time, ever, talked about fake news and hoaxes?
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:54 am I don't understand why so many people support him. WHY?
Listen to some of his supporters in the link below. That should answer your question.

They're fucking stupid!

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics ... -politics/
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:32 pm They're fucking stupid!
These people are so far beyond merely stupid that I can't find a word in the English language that adequately describes that level of stupidity. A whole new descriptive word needs to be created to even begin to describe it. I think the people in the Heaven's Gate cult - remember them, the people who committed suicide so they could reach and ride out on a spaceship following the Hale-Bopp comet? They were much more intelligent than these Trump supporters.

I can only repeat something I've posted before: How would you like to be a history teacher, 50 or 100 years from now, trying to explain the Trump presidency to your class? I think they would have an easier time trying to explain Stalin or Hitler or Idi Amin to a 5-year old.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

It goes beyond unbelievable the kinds of people in positions of authority in the US government. What does Trump do, intentionally try to find the absolute worst people? It certainly seems that way to me.

Up2u

Post by Up2u »

If you are undecided, watching Trump's response (or lack of) to some good questions should answer questions about his competency.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Trump's ABC town hall: President faces tough questions on coronavirus response, health care, racial injustice

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-q ... d=73005086