Gay Mayor Wants to be U.S. President

Asia Traveler

Re: Gay Mayor Wants to be U.S. President

Post by Asia Traveler »

This guy is amazing. He talks clearly and makes sense. He is highly intelligent, speaks several languages, is a US Navy veteran that served in Afghanistan and is concerned about the future of the country and the world not his bank account. I have not seen a candidate like this ever. He is gaining ground rapidly but is no where near Sanders or Biden. Last I saw he was 6% in the polls of Democratic candidates and moving up fast.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I hope one of these days the USA and the rest of the world will get over this nonsense about whether a person is qualified for a leadership role or any role based on his sexual preference. I don't see why the fact he is gay should have anything to do with whether he would be the right choice for President. But tell that to a Trump supporter.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Watched numerous interviews and he is fantastic. No parsing of words , or need to think about how he should respond. Just honest forthright answers. Just announced $7 million raised in first quarter and he is not even an announced candidate. He will be fantastic on the debate stage .

The rest of the field will have to up their game and right now I doubt anyone can. We will see!
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

firecat69 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:15 pm Just announced $7 million raised in first quarter and he is not even an announced candidate.
I sure agree that this guy is fantastic. Actually, he is an announced candidate and has soared in the polls and elevated to fourth place among declared candidates.
Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Would be wonderful by the sounds of it, however this is the USA we're talking about. Really believe this country full of Christian fundamentalists is ready to vote for a gay President?
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Captain Kirk wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:30 am Would be wonderful by the sounds of it, however this is the USA we're talking about. Really believe this country full of Christian fundamentalists is ready to vote for a gay President?
Do you think they were ready to vote for Obama?
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

His name is Pete Buttigieg just to be clear.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Captain Kirk

Post by Captain Kirk »

Undaunted wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:30 am
Captain Kirk wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:30 am Would be wonderful by the sounds of it, however this is the USA we're talking about. Really believe this country full of Christian fundamentalists is ready to vote for a gay President?
Do you think they were ready to vote for Obama?
Nothing in the bible against black folk that I can recall.
Asia Traveler

Post by Asia Traveler »

Here is a clip that was in Apple news of Pete Buttigieg addressing The Victory Fund. I hope the clip works OK.
FYI his name is pronounced “Boot Edge Edge”