From Monet to Kandinsky: RIver City Bangkok

fountainhall

From Monet to Kandinsky: RIver City Bangkok

Post by fountainhall »

Some may recall the extraordinary Caravaggio Exhibition at the Bangkok Arts Centre last year. The paintings were not the originals but rear-lit mounted very high resolution digital reproductions prepared by a team of art historians and photographic experts. Having seen several Caravaggios in their original locations, I found these reproductions to be quite extraordinary and especially the ability to see them close up.

Now River City in Bangkok is presenting a similar Exhibition featuring well-known works by a galaxy of 16 European artists including, Monet, Kandinsky, Degas, Renoir and Van Gogh. From Monet to Kandinsky opens at the RCB Galleria on the Second Floor of River City on Friday 26 of this month and will run until July 31. There is no information on price and I assume it will be free entrance.

http://www.rivercitybangkok.com/en/even ... 9035a68653

Thereafter, River City will host a second Exhibition titled Italian Renaissance which will run from August 6 until October 31. No further details of this yet.
Smiles

Re: From Monet to Kandinsky: RIver City Bangkok

Post by Smiles »

Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to going to see this . . . both Monet and Kandinsky I could watch quietly forever.
Cheers ... ( and just one more reason why I love living in Thailand )