vicious muslim attack in Sri Lanka

gera

vicious muslim attack in Sri Lanka

Post by gera »

Almost 300 murdered in cold blood and 500 wounded. I am not sure whether there was anything like that before. I am 100 percent sure: this is muslims and international terrorist muslim networks involved. Farangs and churchers are targeted. This is a war and I hope Thai authorities take it seriously.
fountainhall

Re: vicious muslim attack in Sri Lanka

Post by fountainhall »

gera wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:52 pmI am 100 percent sure: this is muslims and international terrorist muslim networks involved. Farangs and churchers are targeted. This is a war and I hope Thai authorities take it seriously.
I suspect your certainty is correct in this instance. And I agree with your sentiments about the murder of farangs and churchgoers. But we need to remember that this "war" is being conducted by more than just Islamic terrorists.

The attacks on the 2 mosques in Christchurch last month that killed 50 Muslim worshippers were carried out by a white extremist. The attack on worshippers at a church in Charleston some years ago was by a white extremist. In the 1990s more than 3 dozen churches with mostly African American congregations were burned to the ground by white extremists and KKK members. White extremists are no different from Muslim extremists. And lest we forget, the murdering bastards of ISIS were born out of the invasion of Iraq and the cowboy-booted Paul Brenner's total idiocy and futile attempts to govern that country. Dismantling the armed forces and prohibiting Baathists from government unleashed vast numbers of disaffected Sunni Muslims, many of whom became stalwarts of the ISIS movement.

One question re Sri Lanka that remains unanswered is why the Sri Lankan government and its national intelligence agency did not act on a written warning delivered on 9 April, a warning that listed the names of some of the attackers and their terrorist organisation. If the intelligence agencies are aware of intelligence and fail to act on it, then terrorists of any nationality and any religion will always win.
deanagam

Post by deanagam »

Life goes on.
Millions of unfortunate people around the world this instant are suffering because of circumstances beyond their control.
Such is life.
gera

Post by gera »

fountainhall wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:30 pm
gera wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:52 pmI am 100 percent sure: this is muslims and international terrorist muslim networks involved. Farangs and churchers are targeted. This is a war and I hope Thai authorities take it seriously.
I suspect your certainty is correct in this instance. And I agree with your sentiments about the murder of farangs and churchgoers. But we need to remember that this "war" is being conducted by more than just Islamic terrorists.
I have absolutely no interest in discussing this topic with you or anybody else for that matter. People tend to have strong opinions on the subject and discussions on this topic lead nowhere. My point was to indicate that if could happen in Buddist Shri Lanka with relatively small muslim population and popular with farang tourists, it could very well happen in places like Thailand.

As for your anti-american bias ( according to you all evil is due to Americans who produce flying coffins (Boeing) and responsible for ALL terrorist attacks of any kind anywhere in the world), your love for Chinese authoritarian , oppressive and corrupt regime, well, with all due respect it is a total bullshit (and no I see no point in discussing these issues with you any further).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:05 pm It could very well happen in places like Thailand.
It has happened in Thailand and still does. One of the most glaring examples occurred just a couple years ago when there was that bomb attack in Bangkok at that shrine. It also continuously happens in the south of Thailand where extremists seem to have no problem about ambushing and murder.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

gera wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:05 pmI have absolutely no interest in discussing this topic with you or anybody else for that matter. People tend to have strong opinions on the subject and discussions on this topic lead nowhere. My point was to indicate that if could happen in Buddist Shri Lanka with relatively small muslim population and popular with farang tourists, it could very well happen in places like Thailand.
It appears from the media that the attacks in Columbo were undertaken by suicide bombers. These are not a new phenomenon. The attacks made by some white nationalists appear also to have been made by people who were prepared themselves to die. If this is a "war" - and I do not dispute that - then how are governments and individuals supposed to defend themselves against armies of suicide bombers? I suspect by infiltration and knowledge. I believe Thailand has more security in place to protect individuals than many other countries. There are security posts at major hotels and at public transport stations. But is there security at places where lots of people are assembled like Chatuchak? I do not know.
gera wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:05 pmAs for your anti-american bias ( according to you all evil is due to Americans who produce flying coffins (Boeing) and responsible for ALL terrorist attacks of any kind anywhere in the world), your love for Chinese authoritarian , oppressive and corrupt regime, well, with all due respect it is a total bullshit (and no I see no point in discussing these issues with you any further).
I had understood that personal attacks are not permitted on this Board. It seems yours have been approved. Fair enough. I am perfectly happy to stand by my views. But as I have said before, I do not have an anti-American bias. Nor an anti-western bias. I present my views. Boeing has indeed produced "flying coffins" - your term, not mine. It has indeed put two aircraft types on to the market, neither of which was adequately tested and which both had then to be grounded. That is fact. 346 people are dead as a result. Fact. But that does not alter another fact: that Britain put the Comet 1 into the air using new materials and the first jet engines and, after several total losses, had also to ground that plane.

I have written before about how the America - AND its allies the British - engineered the coup which toppled the democratically elected Prime Minister of Iran, Mossadegh. I firmly believe that by backing the Shah at all costs and for their own ends, this contributed in no small way to the rise of Khomeini and the start of a new form of Islamic fundamentalism. Equally, I stand by my comment that the US along with Britain and its other allies further contributed to Islamic terrorism by not having any definite plan for how to govern sectarian Iraq after Saddam had been toppled. I have yet to find any expert on the subject who does not agree with this fact.

Against that, the Marshall Plan to resurrect war-ravaged Europe was one of the greatest acts of generosity by any country at any time.

I love Japan and my regular visits. Yet I condemn in the harshest possible terms the barbarity of what that country did in China prior to the outbreak of the war in Asia in World War II and then everywhere throughout that war. Nothing can ever erase these ghastly atrocities.

I am presently reading Max Hastings masterful history of the Vietnam war "Vietnam: An Epic Tragedy 1945-1975". It must be almost the 20th book on that period of history I have read. I do blame the USA and its allies for what it did in that war and utterly condemn the undeclared wars in Laos and Cambodia which massacred millions and continues to kill Laotians every year because the USA will not clean up the masses of unexploded bombs left in the ground. At the present rate, it will take 200 years for these active bombs to be cleared. Yet I also condemn the Vietnamese for much of what it did to their own people. But it was the French who started that war and French colonialism was as murderous and almost as awful as Belgian colonialism in Africa.

I have visited China countless dozens of times and lived in the country after Hong Kong was absorbed into it. My views are based on my experience, on my decades of discussions, on my knowledge of the country's history, on what i see and what I am told by Chinese friends. Your views are based on your own experience and what you read in the media. The views we hold are very different. Fine. Two opposite ends of a spectrum. That does not mean I do not believe many of the negative things I read; merely that I put them into my own perspective.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

fountainhall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:01 am I had understood that personal attacks are not permitted on this Board.
They're not. I don't see anything that looks to me like a personal attack.

Next time, if you see a post that you feel is a personal attack and there was no action from me, then it was something you took as a personal attack, but I obviously did not see it that way. Either that, or I had not even seen the post yet. Just send me a PM telling me which post offended and I will take care of it.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:00 pm I don't see anything that looks to me like a personal attack.
Looks like a personal attack to me. Accusing someone of bias with no clear evidence.

Also the comments were rude (again). Some people aim to contribute politely and others aim to disrupt.

Also, to make the following comment & then immediately contradict this by engaging in discussion is somewhat confused.
gera wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:05 pmI have absolutely no interest in discussing this topic with you or anybody else for that matter.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:16 pm
Gaybutton wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:00 pm I don't see anything that looks to me like a personal attack.
Looks like a personal attack to me.
I discussed it already by PM with fountainhall.

Lets just please stick to the topic. I think most people on this board know if I deem someone to be a troll or is in the process of becoming one, that person will be gone very quickly.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

Gaybutton wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:08 pmI discussed it already by PM with fountainhall.
I thank Jun for his comments. I also thank GB for our PM discussion. I am happy to continue discussing the issue and the points gere and I have raised if anyone wishes to do so. We all have different opinions and sometimes it's easier just to make bland statements when one feels strongly on an issue. I tend to go in the other direction - as regular readers will be aware! But for the record, I have never - ever - even hinted that "all evil is due to Americans" or accused Americans of being "responsible for ALL terrorist attacks of any kind anywhere in the world."