US tightening Visa Requirements

Undaunted

Re: US tightening Visa Requirements

Post by Undaunted »

traveller: I empathize with you however, I doubt if caring for you is sufficient to qualify as a career in their eyes.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:42 pm I doubt if caring for you is sufficient to qualify as a career in their eyes.
True, but I thought - emphasis on thought, but don't really know, if someone qualifies as a caregiver, now he is much more likely to get the visa if he is accompanying the person he is caring for. I don't remember where I got that from and I have no idea what would qualify someone as a caregiver, but it might be something to look into.

I believe, under the current administration. the USA is more focused on finding reasons to deny people visas to travel to the USA rather then granting them.

Another problem is even if someone is granted the visa, upon arrival in the USA customs and immigration can still deny entry into the USA and send people right back to where they came from. That happened to a friend from Brazil. He had a visa to travel to the USA. He made it as far as the Miami airport. Immigration refused him entry and he was on the next plane back to Brazil. This was a long time go - I don't remember the reason or even if he was given a reason, but that's what happened.

In other words, even when people manage to get the visa, that doesn't mean they've necessarily won the battle. There are still gauntlets to run.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:39 pm A good friend of mine is English and on 2 occasions his Thai b/f was denied a visa at the U.K. embassy in BKK, so he was able to get him a Schengen visa with the help of a German friend, they went on to the U.K. after arriving in Germany.
A Schengen visa is for the Shengen zone, which EXCLUDES the UK and Ireland. So to get from Germany to the UK, he would still need a visa according to my understanding.
fountainhall wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:16 am I feel really sorry for traveller123's predicament. If Schengen visas are not difficult to get, I always understood UK visas were much more difficult. Anyone know if this is still the case?
I'm not sure, but there are a number of Thai massage places around and they seem to have a reasonable turnover of staff, some of whom stay for a few months only. Sadly mostly female, although there are some males. Most of the male ones I encounter are here for some form of English course. One was here for several years, living with his BF, but also working as a masseur.
I understood he successfully got his visa renewed, but he went back to Thailand for a holiday & I don't think he returned to the UK. I suspect he split with his BF, as he would probably gave told me had his visa been rejected (I had a LOT of massages there).

Incidentally, there are loads of students coming to study at UK Universities from China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia & even some from Thailand. As long as they get the paperwork right, visa applications for Chinese students seem to be routine, so I suspect Thailand is the same.

Finally, if I were trying to get a Thai over here, or to the US, I would be checking every forum there is to see what others have done. All the gay ones, Thai Visa, all the straight ones & any discussing other lowish income* countries such as The Philippines.

[* Lowish income according to my definition, which we don't need to discuss]
werner99

Post by werner99 »

traveller123 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:20 pm And the result was ----visa refused with no right of appeal and no reason provided for the refusal.
I am so sorry to hear about these results.

From what I have heard from friends and read in the media, all sorts of people of various nationalities are being denied visas to the U.S. And others are being denied entry into the U.S. even when they do have a visa.

(Note the related discussion in the "Everything Else" section of this forum --"What is on Your Computer Can Stop You From Entering the U.S.")

In some cases, the refusal might have been the result of the particular visa officer who was handling the case.
--Perhaps this officer had to "prove" to his/her superiors that he was being tough and needed to refuse some applicants.
--Perhaps the officer was a bigot against gay people/couples.

Forget about the U.S.! There are many better countries to visit.

Of course, I realize that you had family reasons to visit the U.S. because your daughter lives there. I am sure that all of you had been planning a nice family get-together.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

werner99 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:20 am Forget about the U.S.! There are many better countries to visit.
Such as countries where you don't have to worry about becoming a shooting victim if you simply go shopping, to a movie, anywhere else, or somebody doesn't like the way you're driving your rental car.