Ducasse opens NEW restaurant in IconSiam/BKK

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
pong

Ducasse opens NEW restaurant in IconSiam/BKK

Post by pong »

Hardly ever visit this part of forum, as I whilst in Th mostly stick to ordinary Thai food, but then I dont live here all the time.
A michelin starred French Cook mr. Alain Ducasse opens a star-aimed classic French restrt with a Thai twist in the still quite new giant IconSiam shopping cnetre (thats across the river from Silom, get there by free boat from Sapan Taksin BTS) to be named BLUE by Ducasse (I hope they wont get it mixed up with blued......). He is described as having gained 21 ** by that cartire factory and has currently 3 3* such in Paris, London and New York, so I guess he cannot be there in all places all the time.
Maybe a hint for those of you able to afford it and have a liking for such surroundings and food. To me it mostly seems that using the priciest ingredients (truffle! Shanghai blue crab! Wagyu beef! and providing stuffy old style french aimed furniture is a minimum requirement for winning ***
Source: 2 page centrefold of latest BK magazine, which is mostly about trendy food.
Gaybutton

Re: Ducasse opens NEW restaurant in IconSiam/BKK

Post by Gaybutton »

https://www.facebook.com/bluebyalainducasse/

I'd love to try it, but at those prices first I'll need to sell my house, win the lottery, or find someone who wants to pick up the check . . .

I was in a Chinese restaurant. Inside my fortune cookie was the check for the guy at the next table. I said, "Hey buddy, I've got your check." He said, "Thanks."
- Rodney Dangerfield
thewayhelooks

Re: Ducasse opens NEW restaurant in IconSiam/BKK

Post by thewayhelooks »

I've never been impressed with restaurants which serve you starters and try to convince you they are main courses. Usually I'm still hungry after the meal.