The Pantry Jomtien

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

The Pantry Jomtien

Post by Gaybutton »

Not really a restaurant or recipe, but a new British grocery store in Jomtien, located right behind the Hanuman statue. Can't miss it.

It is small, but carries a lot of hard to find items. It has been open for three months.

It is best to Google The Pantry Jomtien. Their Facebook page will come up along with links to video tours of the products they carry.

Today RichLB and I checked it out. We both found items we bought, but not everything we had hoped to find.

The owner is the same gentleman (sorry, I forgot his name) who owns the Hemingway's Restaurant in Jomtien. I suggest if there are items you are looking for, but the store doesn't have them, talk to him. You might be able to get him to stock or special order what you want.

If you are looking for a British grocery store in Jomtien, you definitely will want to check it out.
thewayhelooks

Re: The Pantry Jomtien

Post by thewayhelooks »

The owner is Mark. Get The Pantry app and keep up to date.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

There is an app? I can't find it. What is the title of the app? Get it where? Can you provide a URL?
catawampuscat

Post by catawampuscat »

A friend of mine has strongly urged me to check out The Pantry.

I just discovered the Villa market on Sukhumvit and the mini mall it’s in. Excellent selections and I found a breakfast
cereal I couldn’t find elsewhere..
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

catawampuscat wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:54 pm
I just discovered the Villa market on Sukhumvit and the mini mall it’s in. Excellent selections and I found a breakfast
cereal I couldn’t find elsewhere..
You’ve just discovered it?

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:42 pm Not really a restaurant or recipe, but a new British grocery store in Jomtien, located right behind the Hanuman statue. Can't miss it.

It is small, but carries a lot of hard to find items. It has been open for three months.

If you are looking for a British grocery store in Jomtien, you definitely will want to check it out.

Today, I visited their website (https://www.thepantry.co.th/). You can order and have it delivered. The delivery fee:
Free delivery
– Applied to all orders in the Jomtien/Pratumnak area with a minimum order 700 baht.
– Applied to all orders valued over 5,000 baht.

Local delivery
If you do not qualify for free delivery and you are in the Pattaya area the charge will be 50-150 baht.
You can register for the site when you confirm your first order. There are many items available. I selected 8 items which qualified for the free delivery as I live in Jomtien area. I chose to pay by bank transfer. Mark sent an email confirming receipt of my order followed by another listing the items, total due, and giving his bank details for the transfer. I sent him a reply confirming payment.

Within about an hour all items were delivered. So, I am a satisfied customer and will use them again.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Not all British items too. I recently bought some Spam in the can and Jimmy Dean sausages. The Spam is US packaged but the Jimmy Dean is a copy made in Chiang Mai but passable.

On the counter there was a few fresh made crumpets but if sold out there's some in the freezer.

So much stuff in such a small store!
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I have continued to use them for delivery - I have ordered their English Muffins, but today I also included crumpets in my order for the first time - being from USA, I am familiar with English Muffins, but not with crumpets, so I thought I would give them a try.

I tend to order some of their Gourmet Deli Meals which I have found to be to my taste (cottage pie, chili con carne, & beef rending). I do recommend their their BBQ pork ribs which I consider to be quite good with the meat falling off the bones (in the Manston category).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:15 pm I am familiar with English Muffins, but not with crumpets, so I thought I would give them a try.
Now that you tried them, which do you like most, the muffins or the crumpets?
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I just rec'd them today - I will try soon and let you know when I do.