Taco Bell Pattaya Royal Garden and Mike's Mexican Jomtien

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Re: Taco Bell Pattaya Royal Garden and Mike's Mexican Jomtien

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:48 am If you like Indian food, I suggest ordering from Masala Twist - again a bit far to your place, but most dishes can be warmed in the microwave.
As a matter of fact, before they closed the restaurants RichLB and I ate quite often at Masala Twist, our favorite Indian restaurant. Best Indian food in Pattaya and not expensive.

I've also ordered a few times from Masala Twist using Hungry Now. The food always arrives piping hot.

Masala Twist is just as far from me as Mike's. I'm not sure why the Mike's food arrived only lukewarm. Maybe the driver had difficulty finding my place or maybe the food sat out for a while before giving it to the driver - or maybe both. But it did fine in the microwave.

2lz2p wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:48 am sometimes the driver will send "canned" messages - one is to confirm order, which I usually answer "yes". The other regarding address number is, I think, for those in an apartment/condo
That is one of the things I found very annoying and unnecessary. None of the other delivery services do that. I don't see a need to be answering questions every 2 minutes while waiting for the food to arrive.

Also, I prefer to pay using my debit card rather than cash. GRAB only allows debit card payment using their smartphone app. They don't allow it if you are ordering via computer. Via computer it's cash only. I have no idea why, but that's how they do it.

I found that very annoying too because the restaurant names appear in Thai on the smartphone app, but you can't see the English names. That's what happens on my phone. On the smartphone app, a search for Mikes revealed nothing and I had to do a search for Mexican, so several restaurants appeared. I had to use the photos to guess which restaurant was Mike's. Meanwhile it appears just fine on the computer. To me, that is a pain, GRAB needs to do something about that.