Texas Chicken on Pattaya Tai.

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
catawampuscat

Texas Chicken on Pattaya Tai.

Post by catawampuscat »

Texas Chicken is opening soon on Pattaya Tai, amidst many dental businesses.
I like it much better than KFC. Work proceeding and it looks like it will open soon.
thewayhelooks

Re: Texas Chicken on Pattaya Tai.

Post by thewayhelooks »

It wouldn't take much to be better than KFC. What happened to all those 11 secret herbs and spices that were advertised heavily back in the day? Now it's so bland, no wonder they put a handful of ketchup and chilli sauce packets in each box. Have to give it some flavour somehow.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

I have often stopped at their location on Sukhumvit Road, just north of the Chaiyapruek intersection - on the left when traveling south for take away and ordered from Grab a couple of times (Grab menu is in Thai, but has pictures). I like their chicken, but my favorite menu item is their Honey Biscuits.

I didn't realize they were a part of the USA Church's Chicken chain until I saw this post and went online to find a picture of the biscuits:
About Church's Chicken® / Church's Texas Chicken™
Founded in San Antonio, TX in 1952 by George W. Church, Church's Chicken in the U.S. along with its sister brands Church's Texas Chicken and Texas Chicken outside of the Americas, is one of the largest quick service chicken restaurant chains in the world. The brands specialize in Original and Spicy Chicken freshly prepared throughout the day in small batches that are hand-battered and double-breaded, Tender Strips®, sandwiches, Honey-Butter Biscuits™ made from scratch and freshly baked, and classic, home-style sides all for a great value. The three brands combined have more than 1,500 locations in 25 countries and global markets and system-wide sales of more than $1 billion.
(Emphasis added)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I had neither heard of or noticed Texas Chicken until these posts. Definitely have to give it a try. From these posts I see one location is inside a relatively new strip mall at the intersection of Sukhumvit and Chaiyapruek. I've never stopped in there, but now I have a good reason to have a look.

The only delivery service in Pattaya is via GRAB, and 2lz2p is correct - the menu is entirely in Thai. However I found a way to see their menu in English on Food Panda:

https://www.foodpanda.co.th/restaurant/ ... prom-phong

If you are in Pattaya or outside of Bangkok, the menu comes up only if you are not logged in. If you want to see the menu, first log out of Food Panda or simply don't log in. Then the menu will come up.

If you want to order via GRAB, I would open the Food Panda menu, leave it in place, and open the GRAB menu in a different tab. That way you can see what you are ordering.

Also, you can copy the Thai parts on the menu and paste into Google Translate. That is a pain, but it works.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

The biscuits at Texas Chicken are good but not exactly what you would get in most southern USA restaurants. Church's Chicken in USA is the more favorable and spicy alternative to KFC.

Like KFC Texas Chicken have altered their menu to reflect Thai tastes with some very Thai options.

There is (or was) a Texas Chicken in the front of the Central Marina on Second Rd.

There's a Texas Chicken near where I live in the burbs of Bangkok. There's not many farangs living or visiting out here so I keep expecting it to close. It does not seem to be doing a big business. It's on the new monorail line under construction so perhaps business will pick up.

Regarding buttermilk biscuits I've tried several different recipes and none have hit the mark. From Bisquick Mix to from all scratch, with frozen butter to adding an egg and still nothing ringing the bell.
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Trongpai wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:56 am The biscuits at Texas Chicken are good but not exactly what you would get in most southern USA restaurants. Church's Chicken in USA is the more favorable and spicy alternative to KFC.

Regarding buttermilk biscuits I've tried several different recipes and none have hit the mark. From Bisquick Mix to from all scratch, with frozen butter to adding an egg and still nothing ringing the bell.
Southern style biscuits is what I most enjoy, especially with sausage cream gravy - common breakfast fare at my mother's table when growing up. The ones at Texas Chicken certainly do not equate to those.

As to baking my own, I wish I had learned my mother's recipe because my attempts also never hit quite hit the mark.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

The Blue Moose Bar and Restaurant on the Dark Side, Pattaya has biscuits and creamed sausage gravy that's good. Not 100% authentic southern USA but decent. They are open for delivery only now. Huge portions.

https://m.facebook.com/BlueMooseBarandGrille/
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Thanks,

However, their Facebook page shows very little and no Messenger link to send them an inquiry. I note the last posting appears to have been in July 2019.

I checked Grab & Hungry Now those sites and they are not listed when using search features?
Do you by chance know of a link to their menu?

I know where they are located, so if they use their own delivery service, do you know their delivery area(s), e.g. Jomtien where I reside?
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Sorry I can not answer any of your questions. I do not live in Pattaya. Perhaps they just have you "carry-away" or they are not really open. Many places are actually closed in Bangkok but have active facebooks and web pages.

The biscuits are about the same as Texas Chicken but bigger and no honey. Creamed sausage gravy is not hard to make. Get some good British sausages, crumble, fry, add flour (rue) butter and milk and/cream. I add white pepper but no salt as most of the sausages are full of salt already. I guess you should drain the fat after browning the meat.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Foodpanda delivery:

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"