Old Ole', now Swiss House

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
TheCornerBar

Old Ole', now Swiss House

Post by TheCornerBar »

Ate at the new Swiss House restaurant two nights ago. The location used to be the old Ole' restaurant. Decent salad bar, similar to Po-Pot, great soup, good service, reasonable prices. I have never been to the first location on Soi Diamond. When we go there we have always opted for Swiss House not Swiss Food, because of Swiss House's Italian food. We will go back to the new Swiss House. I had the Penne pasta with cheese, ham, mushroom, and cream sauce. Another in the group had the veal scaloppini with asparagus cream soup and said it was the best he had had in Thailand. Another guest had and enormous fried pork chop and the last had ravioli. He said the flavor of the ravioli was good but the sauce was too thin.
atri1666

Re: Old Ole', now Swiss House

Post by atri1666 »

I agree with you. Was there also 2 days before with friends. They only need to amend their bread. We had a super Chateaubriand.
painai2

Post by painai2 »

I agree, Swiss House, in the old Ole location is much better than the old Ole. I do hope the word gets out that they have new owners. Once you've tried it, I sure you will be back. The soup and salad bar is excellent.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Was the veal scallopini really veal? A favorite restaurant trick is to use pork that has been soaked in milk in place of veal.
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

There was not allot of meat, so it could have been veal. It was also a bit overcooked, and that is more difficult with pork.