What is Fine Dining

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
ajarn2

What is Fine Dining

Post by ajarn2 »

I have several Thai boys who live with me,one is a very dedicated chef,he just mentioned to me he will be going back to Phuket soon for a while to look at buying a "Fine dining" restaurant.
I must admit being a working class sort of guy I don't understand exactly what that is,is that an upper class restaurant ?
lvdkeyes

Re: What is Fine Dining

Post by lvdkeyes »

Generally speaking, fine dining means attractive decor with white tablecloths, attentive service by smartly dressed servers and high quality food.
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Actually there is a "fine dining society" in Pattaya however membership is limited and waiting list is long.
Keyvan

Post by Keyvan »

There is 'Fine Dining' in the old European tradition, now almost dead outside of Europe and hard to find even there. Sterling silver settings, crystal glassware, the very best crockery, a menu consisting of all cooked a la minute and served by waiter and sommelier who have been doing the same for years. No request, no matter how outandish, turns even an eyebrow, everything done with a polite [if not natural] yes, sir! Deadly quiet, no loud conversations, well spaced tables for total privacy, almost as in a public library!

Then there is the modern version, common now in Australia and spilling over into Asia where they have given up the pretence and just concentrate on trying to do everything as perfect as possible but without the stiffness and the snobbishness! But with both systems...no expense spared.

Quality first, priced accordingly!