American Hot Dogs

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Acirema

American Hot Dogs

Post by Acirema »

Can anyone recommend a place in Pattaya for some good franks? There was a place across from Jomtiem on the back street but a friend said it may have closed.
Appreciate any advice. Love my hot dogs!!!!
lvdkeyes

Re: American Hot Dogs

Post by lvdkeyes »

I have never found good American style hot dogs here. Today I spotted a small concession at the Outlet Mall on Theppasit and Sukhumvit called San Francisco 99 Hot Dogs or something like that, but I haven't tried it yet.
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

Outside of MAKRO, there is a hotdog stand that is pretty good for Thailand. Big dog, bag of chips and a can of soda for 59b. Not Nathan's, but not bad for 59b!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

TheCornerBar wrote:Outside of MAKRO, there is a hotdog stand that is pretty good for Thailand.
I don't agree. I tried the hotdog there. Unless they changed brands, the one I had was just as flavorless as all the rest. I've about given up on finding a really good hotdog in Thailand. They do sell the Oscar-Mayer brand at Villa Market, but that's not going to do me much good. I'd need to mortgage my home to buy them at the import prices and I don't particularly like Oscar-Mayer hotdogs anyhow.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Oscar Meyer never were my favorite hot dogs. I did get a recipe for homemade hot dogs, but haven't tried them yet.
thaiworthy

Post by thaiworthy »

lvdkeyes wrote:Oscar Meyer never were my favorite hot dogs. I did get a recipe for homemade hot dogs, but haven't tried them yet.
I don't think I would ever go to the trouble of making my own hot dogs. In fact, the only hot dogs I ever liked were the ones sold at ball parks. I liked them with mustard and onions and a big cup of cold draft beer. I hardly ever go to ball games anymore, but when I do, I will always imbibe. Sadly, there are no such things as ballgames/hot dogs/beer in Thailand. I won't miss it too much I guess, since I only went occasionally. I do wonder about what's inside a hot dog made in Thailand. Even the FDA allows a certain amount of rat hairs and rodent droppings. But that's in the US. Sometimes I wonder what really is in the meat I see sold here in roadside stalls and in the supermarkets. Yikes! Mebbe I should consider making my own hot dogs!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

thaiworthy wrote:I do wonder about what's inside a hot dog made in Thailand. Even the FDA allows a certain amount of rat hairs and rodent droppings. But that's in the US. Sometimes I wonder what really is in the meat I see sold here in roadside stalls and in the supermarkets. Yikes! Mebbe I should consider making my own hot dogs!
I don't even bother to think about what might be in hotdogs or anything else. If you think those rat hairs and droppings are not also to be found in other foods, think again. Considering that nobody has ever died as a result of those little extras, while I wish that was not the case, it never even crosses my mind.

Also, while the FDA does allow those trace amounts, that doesn't necessarily mean you're eating anything that actually contains any of it. Even though a certain amount can be in it, that doesn't necessarily mean any of it is in it.

Anyway, I still would like to try that home made hotdog recipe some time.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

LKAsians wrote:Give me Costco's hot dogs any day
I'd love to. Now all they have to do is open in Thailand.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I have some frozen Costco Polish sausages that a friend brought me in my freezer. Luckily, my bf doesn't like them, so I have them all for myself. Eat your hearts out, boys. LOL
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:Eat your hearts out, boys.
I'm definitely jealous.

How about posting that recipe for hot dogs.