American Hot Dogs

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Re: American Hot Dogs

Post by lvdkeyes »

Casings are not necessary. Natural casings are available frozen at Makro. Synthetic casings are available at Western Wholesale. They are smaller than the natural ones, which is preferable for hot dogs. Just form the hot dogs on a sheet of plastic wrap, roll it up tightly and twist the ends. Then, parboil the wrapped hot dogs in gently simmering water for 20 minutes. Place them in a bowl of ice water and chill thoroughly. Remove, pat dry, and refrigerate. You will have skinless hot dogs, which some people prefer anyway. Because they are precooked, they can be refrigerated for up to a week or they can be frozen.
BTW, if you want 100% beef hot dogs, replace the pork with beef and the pork fat with beef fat.
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

How Americans can eat those disgusting synthetic HotDog wieners, in my Country a wiener is a small cock, so may be thats what they think they are chewing in the Big Mouths, if you want the very best sausage you can buy in Thailand to go into a Hotdog or have with an English breakfast, go to TOPS and look for the Cumberland or Lincolnshire sausages, in the freesia cabinet, you cant buy better. Succulent tasty and mouth watering delicious.

Now that’s a Hot Dog. :shock:
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I realize many Brits think American food is yucky. Beans on toast for breakfast? How yucky is that? I lived in England for 3 years and the best food I found there was foreign, i.e., Italian, Indian, etc.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

let me tell u wrote:How Americans can eat those disgusting synthetic HotDog wieners
Maybe because they're not disgusting and they're not synthetic. If you don't like them, guess what . . . you don't have to eat them.
Bob

Post by Bob »

LMTU, besides the inanity of your comments, exactly how many times do people have to tell you to properly quote and attribute other sources? Unless I'm mistaken, you are the only poster who I've ever known who repeatedly does this. Is this a memory problem or do you simply not understand that it's inappropriate to print somebody else's words as your own?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Bob wrote:exactly how many times do people have to tell you to properly quote and attribute other sources? Unless I'm mistaken, you are the only poster who I've ever known who repeatedly does this.
From now on, control freak me is going to deal with any posts from anyone that are not attributed. I'm simply going to delete them, as I have just done with the post you are referring to. If a post includes copy and paste from some other source, it gets properly attributed or it gets wiped.
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

let me tell u wrote:How Americans can eat those disgusting synthetic HotDog wieners, in my Country a wiener is a small cock, so may be thats what they think they are chewing in the Big Mouths, if you want the very best sausage you can buy in Thailand to go into a Hotdog or have with an English breakfast, go to TOPS and look for the Cumberland or Lincolnshire sausages, in the freesia cabinet, you cant buy better. Succulent tasty and mouth watering delicious.

Now that’s a Hot Dog. :shock:
Bob wrote:LMTU, besides the inanity of your comments, exactly how many times do people have to tell you to properly quote and attribute other sources? Unless I'm mistaken, you are the only poster who I've ever known who repeatedly does this. Is this a memory problem or do you simply not understand that it's inappropriate to print somebody else's words as your own?
HOW MUCH PROOF DO YOU WANT I CAN GO ON FOR MANY PAGES HOW DANGERIUS HOTDOGS ARE?
Just read this before you shoot the messenger, then say your sorry I will not hold my breath.

Hot dogs should carry a warning label, lawsuit says

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul/23 ... -hot-dog23

http://sreeandramesh.instablogs.com/ent ... se-cancer/

http://www.totalhealthbreakthroughs.com ... nsumption/
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I can't begin to tell you how many hot dogs I have eaten in my lifetime. So far no untoward effects. Whatever concerns, real or unfounded they may be, if you make your own hot dogs all of those risks go away.
Bob

Post by Bob »

let me tell u wrote:HOW DANGERIUS HOTDOGS ARE?
I was so ugly as a child that the only way they could get the dog to play with me was to tie a hotdog to my face. [An incorrect version of the joke told by the commedian, Rodney DANGERIUS....]

If hotdogs are truly so dangerous, I (and millions of others) ought to be dead. Based on my empirical evidence (using only this thread as my data base), I'd be more fearful of the effects of English food. :lol:
let me tell u

Post by let me tell u »

Bob wrote:
let me tell u wrote:HOW DANGERIUS HOTDOGS ARE?
I was so ugly as a child that the only way they could get the dog to play with me was to tie a hotdog to my face. [An incorrect version of the joke told by the commedian, Rodney DANGERIUS....]

If hotdogs are truly so dangerous, I (and millions of others) ought to be dead. Based on my empirical evidence (using only this thread as my data base), I'd be more fearful of the effects of English food. :lol:
Oh dear not only do most of the medical profession advise not to eat HOTDOGS as later in life it will catch up with you, more bad news for children.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packa ... 29,00.html