Chinese food at Central Festival Food Loft

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
TheCornerBar

Chinese food at Central Festival Food Loft

Post by TheCornerBar »

Ate at Central Festival Food Loft, 3rd floor, for dinner last night. Had the Kung Po Chicken, and it was just like I got in the States! Clear broth soup, two spring rolls, vegetable fried rice, cucumber and tomato salad, and Kung Po Chicken with brown sauce, 180b. The only thing that wasn’t just as I remember it was they used cashews instead of peanuts, but that was fine by me. I love China Garden, but their Kung Po is nothing like what I expected. No, GB, they do not have Egg Foo Young, but do have many other US style choices on offer. If you go with a group, everybody can get what they like: Italian, Thai, Japanese, Chinese, etc. They are seldom crowded and the service is excellent. Service charge is added in at check out, 5%.
Gaybutton

Re: Chinese food at Central Festival Food Loft

Post by Gaybutton »

TheCornerBar wrote:No, GB, they do not have Egg Foo Young
Oh well, can't have everything. Another place makes great hamburgers, but you can't get them to make onion rings anymore . . .

I'll have to give this place a try. For me, it will be hard to beat China Garden, but we'll see. But I guess the only way to get American style Egg Foo Yung around here is to make it yourself . . .
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

It seems incredible to me that no place here makes egg foo young.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:It seems incredible to me that no place here makes egg foo young.
The do, but it's always the British style - more like an omelet.