Why can't a business continue Operations at a High Level.

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Re: Why can't a business continue Operations at a High Level

Post by Gaybutton »

kenaubkk wrote:perhaps if you were better at planning menus that actually suited your customers and equipped the kitchen appropriately you wouldn't have so many problems with "lazy" staff!
His menus suit this customer just fine. I also suits everyone I know who has ever eaten at Corner Bar and several of my friends are very fussy eaters. Most of the time the food is excellent despite the fact that the kitchen is so small. The hamburger is terrific - as far as I'm concerned the best in Pattaya. As a matter of fact, it's the best I've ever had anywhere in Thailand and better than most I ever had in even in the USA. If I'm in the mood for a hamburger, you can believe I'm going to head for Corner Bar to get it, and from my place it's a long trip to get there. On the way, I pass by plenty of other places that serve hamburgers and depending on traffic it takes me a good half hour to forty minutes to get to Corner Bar, but it's well worth the effort.

I often see complaint posts about restaurants when somebody got bad service or something was wrong with the food. And those posts are about restaurants - designed to be restaurants. TheCornerBar doesn't have to provide food at all, but he does and most of the time it is even better than merely very good and I doubt anyone is going to complain about the prices.

I also can't imagine anyone complaining that the staff at Corner Bar is in any way lazy. His staff is very attentive and accommodating. Most of the boys working at Corner Bar have been there ever since TheCornerBar took over. I have no complaints about any of them. TheCornerBar treats them quite well and the boys are quite loyal and they work hard - every night, even during low season. If the boys, rather than the nameless chef, are doing the cooking, they're not trained chefs from Le Cordon Bleu. They do the best they can. Occasionally they don't get it right. That happens even in the best restaurants. The boys are doing the best they know how to do and most of the time they do get it right.

Personally, I'm very happy with the service and food at Corner Bar and so is just about everyone else. If anyone has a complaint, all that is necessary is to bring it to the attention of TheCornerBar and he'll make it right.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

I have had a cheeseburger at Corner Bar and I agree it is very good. Another place where they have good burgers is at Beef Eaters on Soi Diana. Their Beef Eater Burger comes with cheese, lettuce, tomato and bacon and fries. I don't recall the price.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

I also agree that the cheeseburger is good and probably what I should order in the future. Good for Thailand , would not make the Top 100 in America and anyone who says so has not spent any real time in America in years. First of all a great Hamburger has to be charcoal grilled IMHO and the quality of beef determines just how good it will be and we all know good beef is not readily available in Thailand and especially at a price to turn into hamburgers.

My original post although critical of my last 2 experiences was meant to point out a slipping of the quality of the chicken fingers and not meant to be critical of the overall service etc at Corner Bar.

That said though since owners have already admitted they got rid of onion rings , I think they have the same problems with chicken fingers and believe me I am not the only one who feels that way. The oil is expensive and hard to get to right temp, then just eliminate the fried food. Serve chips with the sandwiches and the cheeseburgers which everyone seems to like. Continue to add sandwiches like the Broiled Chicken recently added and it will be much easier to maintain the quality and timeliness of delivery .

BTW Corner Bar is definitely not the only Bar in Sunee serving food and I could name some who have also been doing a good job for a long time.

I happen to think it is a well run bar and also think that thoughtful criticisms help the owners do a better job and don't require defenses that essentially say how fabulous they are and criticize those that voice their opinions.

Well run businesses use feedback from their customers to improve their product and if intelligent like these owners apparently are, take the criticisms in stride and learn from the opinions voiced by their customers!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:Corner Bar is definitely not the only Bar in Sunee serving food and I could name some who have also been doing a good job for a long time.
Please do name them. I'm interested in which bars serve what. I'd like to know which ones you like and what they offer. The only Sunee bars in which I have eaten are Corner Bar and Monty's.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

First of all it's a bit ridiculous for me to have to tell you which Bars in Sunee serve food. You are a resident of Pattaya and I spent 45 days here in the last year. That said I will name one Bar.

Oud's Bar which serves the best Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwich in Thailand IMHO. They also have a number of other sandwiches which are served with great FF and salad. The food is consistently good and the owners are always present.

BTW i would like to know why this thread was moved to the Restaurant Section when you acknowledge in your own posts that this discussion is about Bars.

While we are at it why is the main Board cluttered up with Menus etc of Monty's Cafe. By your own decision on this thread , these posts belong in the Restaurant Section.

Consistency by the Moderator would be nice!!!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:Consistency by the Moderator would be nice!!!
I think I'm being completely consistent. This topic was moved to this forum because your original post was a review of the food. I sent you a PM and told you that the same day you posted and I explained that I moved the post to this forum because it's a restaurant review. There is nothing about Monty's menus or his other posts that constitutes a restaurant review. Posting a menu is not reviewing the food or service. As far as this thread is concerned, I had no crystal ball to anticipate the nature of the posts that would follow. Even if I did, I make my decisions about where a post belongs based on a topic's original post.

Do you think by moving the post to this forum nobody will read it? You submitted your post less than two full days ago and it already has more than 200 views.

firecat69 wrote:First of all it's a bit ridiculous for me to have to tell you which Bars in Sunee serve food. You are a resident of Pattaya and I spent 45 days here in the last year
I lived in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area most of my adult life. That doesn't mean I ate in every restaurant there or even many of the local ones. The same applies to Sunee Plaza. I usually go to Sunee Plaza after I've already eaten elsewhere. I didn't even ask merely for names of places that serve food in Sunee. I already know the names. That's not what I asked. I've already said in Sunee Plaza I've only ever eaten at Corner Bar and Monty's. What I did ask was for you to name the ones you like and what they serve. Considering I've never eaten at any of them, I don't know anything more about them than someone who has never been to Thailand. So, I'll ask again. Which ones do you like and what do they serve?

By the way, as long as we're being critical, have you figured out yet that "Sunee" has only one "n"? You keep writing it as "Sunnee," which is incorrect. I've been correcting the spelling in your posts.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Totally ridiculous , you removed my post prior to your last post and completely changed your post .

Waste of my time bothering with you if you are going to use your powers to eliminate posts and change your posts to answer my posts that were never allowed to be seen. Did you ever hear about fighting fair. I will take your ridiculous posts to another board where you have no such powers. See how long it take you to remove this post>>>
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:Totally ridiculous , you removed my post prior to your last post and completely changed your post .
What on earth are you talking about? I haven't removed any of your posts. Any changes I made to my own post above were changes I was making while I was still editing what I wanted to say. As for fighting fair, I didn't know we were fighting at all until now. The only thing I did with your post was correct your spelling of Sunee.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

You fail to answer the question over and over again. Is the Corner Bar a restaurant or a Bar? You consistently say it is a Bar. Therefore it does not belong in Restaurant Reviews. You set yourself up as an expert that the Corner Bar is not a restaurant but does a fine job serving food and infer that they do a fine job serving food which is not the case generally in Sunee. I pointed out that they are not the only Bar in Sunee serving food and I had to point out to you and name one other Bar .

You come up with this ridiculous argument that you lived in Miami for years and did not know about many of the restaurants in the Miami area. Well there are thousands of restaurants in Miami and very few in Sunee and even fewer Bars that serve food. You could eat at every restaurant in Sunee and at every Bar that served food in a very short time . How many years have you professed to be an expert on the Gay Scene in Pattaya and by extension Sunee. Seems like you should know what you are talking about and in fact you would know which Bars serve food just by reading Nicky's Blog.

As far as me spelling Sunee wrong. Who cares ?? Do you really think anyone did not know what I was talking about.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:You fail to answer the question over and over again.
Don't you think before I answer a question, a question needs to be asked? Show me in which post you ever asked me if Corner Bar is a restaurant or a bar. Of course it's a bar. That's not the point. You wrote a review of the food, didn't you? I also challenge you to show me one post, ever, in which I said I'm an expert about anything at all.

I'll repeat, I have not asked you to name the restaurants in Sunee. For crying out loud, all I did was ask you which restaurants in Sunee you like and what they serve. What's your problem about that? I don't even know why we're arguing. If you don't want to answer, then don't.

If you want to talk about ridiculous, this entire argument is ridiculous. What are we fighting about? I'm going to move on. If you want it, you can have the last word.