Loaf Bakery and Café

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Loaf Bakery and Café

Post by Gaybutton »

A tip-of-the-hat goes to TOQ for informing me about this restaurant. It's on Soi Lengkee, just up the street from the Cartier bar and the China Garden restaurant. I haven't tried it yet, but after reading about it and viewing the video I'll certainly give it a try soon.

Have any of you been there?

We came across the charming Loaf Bakery and Café after a customer’s high recommendation to give it a try. Well, we did – and what an enjoyable surprise lay ahead of us! Opened 3 months ago by Thai entrepreneur Uthai Poonyamund, this delightfully innovative Café and Bakery on Soi Lenkee, between Soi Buakhao and Third Road, offers an abundance of freshly made Breads, enticing Cakes and Biscuits all baked each morning on site. First class bakery items to go with a first class selection of organic Coffees, Teas, Fruit Frappes and Smoothies! Plus a choice of fine Breakfasts (129 baht) including Loaf’s very own homemade Jams, Preserves and Honey! There are tempting Tapas (around 65 baht), Panini Sandwiches (89 baht), excellent gourmet Salads (140 baht) and extremely good tasting Pizzas (from 160 to 280 baht), available all day long until 11pm. Khun Uthai has gathered a wealth of culinary experience during his worldwide travels, including a stint at the famous Ritz Hotel in Paris. This enterprising young man has now brought his expertise and talent to Loaf, where he creates particularly unique dishes using the best ingredients to provide a refined touch of class for customers to enjoy. Clean, fresh and ultra modern, the cutely named Loaf caters to takeaway, plus waiter service in both the inside sitting area and small interesting outside terrace corner. Here one can enjoy a bite to eat to go with a cup of freshly ground organic Thai Espresso Coffee bursting with flavour (65 baht), or a pot of distinctively aromatic Earl Grey (145 baht) or refreshing Japanese Green Tea. They also sell alcoholic drinks – Chang Beer at 50 baht a bottle, San Miguel at 70 baht. Cocktails at 170 baht and house Wine at 89 baht a glass. Loaf also puts on a special Wednesday buffet at 199 baht and daily specials! Indeed, it was one of these special dishes that we began our meal – an exceptionally tasty homemade Beef Lasagna (145 baht), light, creamy and full with flavour from a well balanced cheese and meat content! This was fo

llowed by two of the appealing Tapas; the F.A.T – slices of homemade Bread topeed with cubes of Feta Cheese, Tomato with a Rosemary and Balsamic dressing smothered over a delicious Avocado spread. Plus Grilled Tiger Prawn on Avocado spread – both 75 baht a serving. It was then on to one of the gourmet Salads – 140 baht for an outstanding mix of Lettuce leaves, including Rocket, with 4 kinds of grilled Mushrooms such as Shitake and Enoki, plus Avocado, Walnuts and Cranberries with Loaf’s very own blend of Balsamic Vinaigrette. We then moved on to two house specialty Pizzas – with a crust utilizing a ‘secret’ ingredient to give extra crispness to the semi thick pizza base. We went for an extremely tasty Hawaiian Pizza with Pineapple, Ham, Sausage and Cheese, and an equally good Salami and Cheese Pizza – both 150 baht. Finally, to calm our craving for something sweet we tried Loaf’s homemade tangy Lemon Tart, yummy Carrot Cake (75 baht) and scrumptious Tiramisu (85 baht). All perfect accompaniments to the excellent Coffee and Teas. So what are you waiting for – get down to Loaf, forget the calories and enjoy the cakes, meals and selection of drinks.

Loaf is located at 312/88 Soi Lenkee. Open every day from 8am to 11pm. Telephone: 038 427 615.
http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.as ... icle=26347
TheCornerBar

Re: Loaf Bakery and Café

Post by TheCornerBar »

Five of us went this past Wed and it was wonderful! The place is VERY small and if we had not made reservations ahead of time, we would not have been able to get in. For 199b plus 10% service, you get all you can eat, wood fired oven baked pizza. Even with the packed house, the buffet never ran dry. They brought out pizzas 2-4 at a time. They also accommodated requests. We are talking about returning on other than buffet night, buying several pizzas and splitting the cost. The owner is Thai, speaks good English, and works very hard to please his customers. Best pizza in Pattaya IMHO.
TOQ

Post by TOQ »

I have to agree , it was great and I am looking forward to returning very soon
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

Went back again tonight and the buffet is Wed and Sat! Nobody there! Place was packed on Wed but empty tonight. Guess nobody knows they have buffet on Sat also. Go on Sat, 199b best pizza in town, might have to get them to warm it up for you until the crowd increases!
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

Ate there today for the first time. Had lunch with two friends and very much enjoyed the pizza (I had olive). Top notch!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I wonder if any who have can tell us what makes their pizza special. Many are very particular about their pizza. Is the pizza at Loaf Bakery thin crust, thick crust, a choice? Is the cheese actually flavorful? I've been to several Pattaya pizza places where it seems the cheese is there and just fine for texture, but is absolutely flavorless. Is it the choice of toppings? Is it the amount of toppings? I've also been to Pattaya pizza places that, for example, offer pepperoni and sausage pizza - my favorite, and if you look really hard, sometimes you can actually find a hint of pepperoni and sausage. Is it the quality of toppings? Is it good quality pizza dough? Again, I've been to some Pattaya pizza places where the dough tastes just like the cardboard take-away box.

Also, what kinds of items do they have other than only pizza?
TheCornerBar

Post by TheCornerBar »

Wood fired oven, real cheese, imported meats, thin crispy crust, and all you can cram for 199b. Went again this past Wed and it was dead. Just me and TOQ. He refused to let them heat up the pizza on the buffet and ordered 1/2 salami and 1/2 four cheese. The salami was excellent. I had the buffet, and it was great again. I do not mind warm pizza.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Last night several of us ate at China Garden, after which we walked down to The Loaf to have a look. Only one of us had ever been there before. It's a very small place with only a very few tables. No wonder it can be so difficult to get in for that pizza buffet.

I didn't know this, but beginning at 7:00pm every day they sell their baked goods at a two-for-one price until they are gone. They bake fresh every day, so that's how they get rid of whatever didn't sell during the day. We cleaned them out of their sticky buns, along with a few other things. I tried a sticky bun when I got home. It's really good.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

We went there on Saturday. The pizza buffet looked good. I hope they heat it up if you order it. It wasn't busy when we were there. I had salad with prawn skewers. Delicious! We had bruschetta and spaghetti with prawns. The pasta came first and he was nearly finished when the bruschetta came. His spaghetti was a bit dry. We did get some baked goods too.