Ristorante Mimosa

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Ristorante Mimosa

Post by Gaybutton »

Ristorante Mimosa, obviously an Italian restaurant, is certainly easy enough to find. It's on Chaiyapruek, about 50m in from Sukhumvit, and literally right next door to Coco's.

We tried it last night and our only regret was that we had never tried it before. We were absolutely delighted. Ristorante Mimosa is now on our "A" list.

The owner is Italian. The head waitress is his wife and she spent time in Italy with him. Service is among the best I've experienced anywhere in Thailand.

The salads, pastas, and pizza are excellent and the portions are huge. The pizza is the best I've experienced anywhere in Thailand and several interesting choices. The prices are quite reasonable. Most pizza and pasta selections are in the 300 baht range, and very well worth it. There is also a variety of soups, along with plenty of meat, chicken, and fish dishes. There is also a good Thai food menu.

Plenty of parking is available. If nothing is available in front of the restaurant, parking is permitted in the hotel parking lot, just behind Coco's.

I certainly recommend giving Ristorante Mimosa a try. The restaurant is open from 5:30pm to 11:30pm, closed Sundays. The telephone number is 087 142 7642. You might want to make a booking if you go. The restaurant is always packed.

GPS coordinates are: N 12° 52' 55", E 100° 54' 12"

Also, as an aside, at the table next to ours was none other than Scott, from MJ Smokehouse. We asked him what happened to those once a month dinners they used to put on. He said what they're doing is removing their swimming pool and replacing it with a large patio. Once that is complete, they'll start doing those dinners again, probably sometime in the fall.
lvdkeyes

Re: Ristorante Mimosa

Post by lvdkeyes »

We had eaten there several years ago and it was OK, not special. After reading GB's post we decided to try it again. The present owners are not the ones from when we were there last time.
It was a pleasant surprise. We shared a mixed salad and an order of pizza bread. My bf has spaghetti di mare (seafood spaghetti) and I had spaghetti Amatraciana (tomato, bacon, onions and a bit of chili). My bf had his usual banana split and I had panna cotta. We both drank water. All of the food was excellent and portions were large. The salad could have fed 4 people. Complimentary lemon-cello was served. The waitress (owner) was very pleasant and knowledgeable. Total cost was 1160 baht. We agreed we would definitely go back. The place wasn't busy at all, only two other tables were occupied and another table filled while we were eating.
Up2u

Re: Ristorante Mimosa

Post by Up2u »

Where were you the night of the coup?..... I was at Mimosa enjoying a very nice Italian dinner with Bf and my friends. Of course, the dinner conversation was dominated by the coup, but I must say we talked about the food too. I agree with what has been posted, everyone enjoyed their food. The pork ribs were excellent, only complaint the fries were stone cold. Those who had pasta enjoyed it, and those that pizza enjoyed also but they felt Casa Fellini near BT had an edge. Good value and good food, will go back.