Deli-zza reopens - now called "Pastrami on Rye"

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
TOQ

Re: Deli-zza reopens - now called "Pastrami on Rye"

Post by TOQ »

COMING SOON - The "Big Ass Breakfast Burrito"
800grams of ridiculous-ness

This looks like it might be worth a try :)
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Anyone have a link for pizza menu. Sandwiches is all I can find??
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:Anyone have a link for pizza menu. Sandwiches is all I can find??
Didn't you click on the link I posted? That's the pizza menu. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6819&start=20#p66979
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

I clicked on another link and got sandwiches only.

Thanks
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

2lz2p wrote:Thanks GB for the info and link. I will probably give them a try (delivery). I did note on their website they show:
30 THB delivery charge in Pattaya - 40 to 50 THB delivery Naklua and Darkside
I usually order pizza from New York Pizza which was 30 Baht, but has now been increased to 50 Baht to deliver to me here in Jomtien - looking forward to giving their pizza a try.
I ordered their 12 " Pizza Supreme last night - excellent and as mentioned, fully loaded with the toppings. :P But, they did charge 30 Baht for delivery - I still tipped the driver a little something extra.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

2lz2p wrote:I usually order pizza from New York Pizza
Now that you've tried both, do either of them emerge as your favorite?
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

'Pastrami on Rye' serves true American food. Those posting rave reviews here are Americans, me included and I really love the food. They are moving I was told to a more central and visible location to attract more customers. All that assumes that non-Americans are going to take to this food. Americans are not even close to being the number one visitor or resident to Pattaya. Will the Chinese, Russians, and Europeans go for this?

There's a famous study of a group of guys from NYC who were were visiting Amsterdam and sampled the local pizza shops. They concluded that Amsterdam pizza was crap and if they tasted real NYC pizza they would like it. They got together a group of investors and opened a NYC pizza chain. The product was authentic NYC quality pizza. The chain went bankrupt in 6 months, no one wanted authentic NYC pizza in the Netherlands.

Bangkok had 4 authentic USA style restaurants once. Two have closed. Unfortunately, those two, Dukes and Woodstock were the best and most authentic. The remaining two, Roadhouse and Bourbon St. are not as authentic. The two that closed sited a lack of customers.

A newer one that does seem to be doing well is Firehouse. That menu for that area (suk 11) seems to work with an international customer base.

I wish 'Pastrami on Rye' all the luck in the world and if it does not work out in Pattaya they're welcome to come to Bangkok ;)
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote:All that assumes that non-Americans are going to take to this food.
I think, if anything they'll be getting many more customers than they already have. They seem to be doing just fine way down Jomtien Beach Road and their new location will be much more convenient to most residents and holiday makers. Nearly every time I eat there, non-Americans are also eating there. Last time I ate there, at another table there was a party of six and none of them were Americans, but they were raving about the food.

The owners seem to really know what they're doing and how to do it. I think they'll be highly successful. Even if it's only Americans who eat there (and they do deliver too) it will still at least be the same Americans who already regularly eat there.

I think reasons for the success they already have are obvious. What they serve is always high quality and excellent. They're willing to be flexible if you want something other than the way it's described on the menu. The portions are generous. The prices are reasonable. The service is good. The owners are affable, but not overbearing. And they offer several menu items that you just can't get anywhere else. And when they open their new location, they're going to be offering even more hard-to-find or impossible-to-find menu items.
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

I agree. If you do it right, you'll make it. Rich Man-Poor Man is about as American as you can get and I believe they have doing well for a long time.

I happen to really like Dukes in Chiang Mai with multiple locations. Their location in BKK was an over the Hill mall with the wrong type of customers. I think that pretty much sealed their fate.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

firecat69 wrote:I happen to really like Dukes in Chiang Mai
It's been a few years since I've been to Chiang Mai. Your post is the first time I've ever heard of Duke's. I've started a separate topic about Duke's and posted a link to their web site. I think many of us would be grateful if you, and others who have eaten there, will post about Duke's on the new topic.