Bistro de Paris

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
2lz2p

Bistro de Paris

Post by 2lz2p »

I and a friend tried this place last night. It is located on 3rd Road. If going North from Thappraya Road (Bali Hai Overpass) it is on the left side almost to the first traffic light (soi 17 on the right used to go to Thepprasit Rd and left the soi used to go to the Sunee/Day Night area).

It is a fairly small place with inside and outside seating and is open 24-7. The menu has a section for breakfast, starters, main dishes, desserts, and Thai food. My friend had read a write up from the Pattaya People and wanted to give it a try: http://www.pattayapeople.com/restaurant ... T-DE-PARIS

We both ordered onion soup as a starter (110 baht) and cheese plate to end the meal (210 baht). For my main selection, I had the Chateaubriand (590 baht) and he had the Filet Steak with wine sauce (a little over 400 baht as I recall). On a scale of 1-10, he rated the soup a 7, myself, I gave it a 5. On the meat, we both gave it a 9+. They were both thick cuts; not only flavorful, but were cooked as ordered (mine was medium rare), and best of all very tender (the menu and price did not indicate imported beef, so we both were pleasantly surprised). They were served with a small salad on the plate and choice of potato, rice, or veggie. My friend had rice and I had the Gratin potato which was also tasty. A bottle with two spouts contained vinegar from one and oil from the other was provided along with those battery powered grinders for peppercorn and salt (presume it was sea salt). The cheese plate had five portions of different cheese which were very good.

The atmosphere was nice and there were at least 4 waitresses; so service was very good. If any drawback, IMO it would be the price of their house wine by the glass which was 180 baht for white and 200 baht for red or rosé. The menu noted the red was a Mont Clair.

We both plan to go back again.
windwalker

Re: Bistro de Paris

Post by windwalker »

Sounds good except for the wine. Maybe BYOB?