Real India

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Real India

Post by Gaybutton »

The Real India restaurant is on Thappraya Road, literally next door to the La Taverna Italian restaurant, earlier reviewed on this forum (see: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7320 ). It's easy to find - about halfway between the Jomtien Second Road intersection and Jomtien Beach Road, directly across the road from the 7-Eleven. If you're headed toward the beach and get as far as the arch over the road, you went too far.

RichLB and I ate there last night. The food and service is really good and the prices are quite reasonable - most main course items between 250 to 350 baht. This is the most extensive menu I've seen in Pattaya at an Indian restaurant - 170 items along with 4 set menu choices - and all items shown on a photo menu. You can order your food mild, medium, or spicy. This is one restaurant where you're not going to walk away still hungry. They don't skimp on their portions.

All menu items are available for take-away or delivery. They'll deliver virtually anywhere in Pattaya. They'll even deliver to "The Dark Side." The take-away menu pamphlet is available at the restaurant. I suggest taking one with you the first time you eat there or if you happen to be passing by.

They don't have a web site. The only set of reviews I was able to find online is on Trip Advisor. See: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... vince.html

Something else I enjoyed - the waiter. A very charming young man who looks to me just like a very young Omar Sharif. He comes from Burma, is of Indian descent, and came to Thailand with his family. He's no relation to the restaurant owner and staff, but damn! He didn't set off my gaydar, but I didn't really try very hard to find out. I was more interested in a boy who works in Jomtien Complex, who I intended to see after dinner. Just my luck - he wasn't in last night.

If you enjoy Indian food, I highly recommend giving Real India a try.

Telephone: 038 252 622 or 089 748 8792