Pastrami on Rye soon to add hamburgers to the menu

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Gaybutton

Pastrami on Rye soon to add hamburgers to the menu

Post by Gaybutton »

Sean, the owner of Pastrami on Rye, is going to add hamburgers to the menu. He says he hopes be ready to start serving them by the end of the month, maybe sooner. It's hard to find a really good hamburger in Pattaya, especially at a reasonable price. Sean wants to correct that situation and bearing in mind the quality of everything else he serves, I'm expecting them not to be just good, but real good.

I know others have posted about good hamburgers in Bangkok. I've been to Firehouse several times, usually with Trongpai, and I really enjoy those (see: http://www.facebook.com/Firehouse-Pub-a ... 775507263/ ), but living in Pattaya obviously I can't get to Bangkok as often as I'd like. I haven't tried any of the other recommended hamburgers in Bangkok.

Pattaya is a different story. I haven't had anything even close to what I think of as a good hamburger in Pattaya since Michael and Thomas left Corner Bar. If there are really good hamburgers at a reasonable price in Pattaya, I have yet to find them.

I didn't think to ask Sean if he is also going to start serving onion rings, but if he does, and if they're as good as Thomas's were, then Eeeeeee-yabba-dabba-doo!

See also:

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com - for the latest information, subscribe to their newsletter

-and-

http://www.facebook.com/pastramionryethailand
Gaybutton

Re: Pastrami on Rye soon to add hamburgers to the menu

Post by Gaybutton »

This evening was Pastrami on Rye's inaugural hamburger night and RichLB and I were there. I tried the Reuben burger and RichLB tried the Mushroom Swiss burger. Both of us really enjoyed them and they were far better than we had expected. In my opinion, these are the best hamburgers available anywhere in Pattaya. If you like hamburgers, I think you'll really enjoy these. And they're huge. Bring your appetite.

They each come with pickle and your choice of potato salad, French fries, or coleslaw.

I did ask Sean about onion rings. He said if he can find good ones, he'll serve them. The commercial onion rings are just not good enough and it's too much trouble for them to make onion rings from scratch. He also said they'll be happy to deliver hamburgers, but by the time they arrive the buns will be very soggy.

Also, Pastrami on Rye has a 5pm to 7pm Happy Hour, in which all pizzas are available at 30% off - eat in or deliver. This discount is available every day.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

The onion rings at Curry and Chips are the best I have had in Thailand. I don't know if they make them or purchase them. Perhaps Sean can inquire.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

lvdkeyes wrote:The onion rings at Curry and Chips are the best I have had in Thailand. I don't know if they make them or purchase them. Perhaps Sean can inquire.
I'll certainly let him know.

Did you make it to Pastrami on Rye yesterday? I'm interested to know what you think of their hamburgers.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

Yes, I had a bacon cheeseburger. Delicious! Next time I will ask for raw onion in place of the cooked. Just my preference. BTW, I took home 1/2 the burger because it was too much for me.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I joined GB for their first night of hamburgers and was really impressed. Rather than the wafer thin burgers you get at most places around town, these patties were thick and the Mushroom Cheese burger sure didn't skimp on the grilled onions, mushrooms or cheese. I don't usually order hamburgers at the places I frequent, but these would be hard to beat - actually better than most of the burgers I've had in the states.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I'm always reminiscing about the hamburgers Thomas used to make at Corner Bar. At last there is a rival.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

For my taste Pastrami does a better burger.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I agree with most comments about these burgers. Good burgers for the price as they are very large much like the sandwiches here. Many customers will be happy. I am finicky about burgers, a great bun, juicy imported beef, cooked the way I like them (medium rare) is a must. Like the old Cocos, they use a precooked Aussie patty for the masses so getting the burger medium is the best I can hope for; actually News Cafe does a better burger but at a higher cost. I will visit occasionally and have their burger but I can do a much better burger in my own kitchen.