Akha Arma Coffee

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Undaunted

Akha Arma Coffee

Post by Undaunted »

There is an ethnic group called Akha that amongst others places has made there home in the mountains that abut Chiang Rai and north of Chiang Mai, for the most part they are farmers they grow, roast and market some of the best Arabaica beans that can be found. I am a customer, they deliver to your door even in Pattaya free (2 days). When you see their prices and experience their quality coffee you will be happily surprised...If you like they will gring your selection as per your request....Payment is done through Kasikorn bank where their company has an account (Yes they are reputable).
Depending on your selection prices range from 400bht.-500bht. for a 500gr Bag.

http://www.akhaama.com
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
loke

Re: Akha Arma Coffee

Post by loke »

I pay 550 baht for 1 kilo , also from an Akha organic coffee plantation so money to be saved if you look around.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

From me it is the price for truly premium coffee that sets it apart.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
billyhouston

Post by billyhouston »

I don't know how you guys 'brew' your coffee, but all mine is espresso based. Here in Chiang Mai there are artisan roasters and my beans come from North of Chiang Rai. It amazes me, or perhaps I should say amuses me, that Thai people pay stupid prices for Lavazza and Illy when local products are so good. They have the crazy idea that 'more expensive is better'. The beans produce fine espresso, from a semi-auto machine here and an HX commercial machine in UK, though I mostly use it to make milk based drinks.