iO Italian Osteria-Bangkok

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Trongpai

iO Italian Osteria-Bangkok

Post by Trongpai »

Here is my favorite real Italian restaurant in Bangkok. It's in a section of Central World called the Groove. It's accessible from BTS Siam, follow the signs to the sky walk to Central World and there's a separate entrance right into the Groove Complex. IO Osteria is on the ground floor. My favorite is Porchetta Baked Pork Belly with Wild Fennel- 1:03 on the video. There's generally around 4 to 6 "Chief Specials" and they rotate weekly. Service impeccable and ambiance Italian.

https://io-osteria.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... ngkok.html

The Grove is two open floors of trendy craft bars, restaurants and cafes. It's very popular. Sometimes there's a band or singer on stage on the ground floor.

I see on their web page that a branch of IO Osteria is coming to Pattaya in 2018. I'm not sure where. Perhaps Terminal 21?
Gaybutton

Re: iO Italian Osteria-Bangkok

Post by Gaybutton »

Last evening, August 22, Trongpai and I ate here. I loved it. Other than a wide variety of pizza choices, I have never seen food like this in any Italian restaurant. The food and service are both beyond superb.

They will be opening in Pattaya on October 29, in the new Terminal 21. Expect to see me there - often.

If the Pattaya location becomes anything like Bangkok, then I definitely suggest making a booking if you wish to be sure of getting a table. There were a few tables vacant when Tronpai and I arrived. By the time we left, all the tables were full.

Telephone number for both Bangkok and Pattaya locations: 02 117 3826
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

My partner and I are having a few days holiday in Jomtien in November, if you visit their new opening in Terminal 21 I would be interested to read your comments.
gera

Post by gera »

Osteria is now open in Pattaya. Yesterday, there has been Grand opening of Terminal 21. I am not in Pattaya at the moment but my bf went over there and sent me some pictures. Looks impressive. New SF movie theater in Terminal 21. He did not try any food in Osteria but hopefully quality is similar to BKK.
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

gera wrote:Osteria is now open in Pattaya. Yesterday, there has been Grand opening of Terminal 21. I am not in Pattaya at the moment but my bf went over there and sent me some pictures. Looks impressive. New SF movie theater in Terminal 21. He did not try any food in Osteria but hopefully quality is similar to BKK.
Your post is welcome.
By coincidence a Farang last night posted photos on our local forum from a meal he was having at Italian Osteria in Bangkok and the food looked excellent.
My partner and I are having a short holiday in Jomtien in three weeks time so we will have to go down to Terminal 21 and give it a try
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

We ate at Italian Osteria at Terminal 21 in Pattaya tonight and the food and service was excellent. They even have Sicilian cannoli.
lvdkeyes

Post by lvdkeyes »

We ate at Osteria for the second time and can find no fault with food, service or price. A definite keeper.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

lvdkeyes wrote:We ate at Osteria for the second time and can find no fault with food, service or price. A definite keeper.
When we were there a live musician was playing (loudly) in the mall which spoiled any ambiance, hopefully not a regular occurrence. But, I agree a definite keeper.
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

My partner and I are in Jomtien for a few nights from 9th November.
After a holiday in Europe including Barcelona he particularly likes Spanish tapas.
I know this restaurant is Italian rather than Spanish but it must definitely be worth a visit
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

We went to the Terminal 21 Pattaya io Osteria restaurant last night. I'm a regular at the Bangkok branch and it's the same quality food and service. The Pattaya branch is a little larger but on our visit there were few customers. The one in Bangkok is full most every night. Perhaps it will take time to develop a following or perhaps the Pattaya customer base is different from Bangkok. Time will tell.

There's another Italian restaurant on the second floor near Arno's Beef that looks good. Anyone try that?