Pattaya's Best Burger

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
lvdkeyes

Re: Pattaya's Best Burger

Post by lvdkeyes »

While I like White Castles very much, my favorite USA burger is In 'n Out.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

lvdkeyes wrote:While I like White Castles very much, my favorite USA burger is In 'n Out.
I spelled it wrong in post #19. I will say the place has loyal followers and was absolutely packed. $7-11 seems to be the norm for a combo now.
traveller123

Post by traveller123 »

lvdkeyes wrote:While I like White Castles very much, my favorite USA burger is In 'n Out.
I'm a Brit (living in Thailand) with a daughter living in California.
One of my treats when visiting her is a trip to In 'n Out
firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Any recent visits to Arno's. I have to say the Trip Advisor reviews are uninspiring! Was on my list in 2 weeks???
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

I was at Arno's Terminal 21 last week and it's a good as ever. Also went recently with 7 fellow dinners and everyone was pleased. The steaks are good as well.

Arno's has several branches in Bangkok and one in Pattaya. It started as a hole-in-the wall eatery off Rama III in Bangkok and has grown to 15 (?) branches. They are springing up everywhere. I've been to many and they are not all exactly the same. Quality and quantity varies sightly. The recent one on Suk. at Nana, Bangkok serves a bigger than usual burger.

http://arnosgroup.com/

At Central Marina in the front court yard there's a burger cart called 'The Mad Cow' and the burgers are good. Not the same as Arno's but good in a different way. I like them both.

Burger options are more varied in Bangkok.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Trongpai wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:20 pm I was at Arno's Terminal 21 last week and it's a good as ever.
I have never tried Arno's, so I have no idea whether I would like theirs or not. One I do like is the beefburger served at O'Gara's. You hamburger lovers out there ought to to give it a try.

My own criteria for judging a hamburger includes whether it contains any pieces of bone or gristle. If there is even a hint of it, I won't go back, no matter how good it otherwise might be.

As far as I'm concerned, the greatest hamburger ever is still White Castle. I wish they would open in Thailand, preferably within easy walking distance of my house . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Arno’s really has no competition in Pattaya however, I did like the burger at Steak & Co. but haven’t been back since it along with Smoking Joe’s was sold to new owners.

White Castle :roll:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
SP55

Post by SP55 »

firecat69 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:44 pm Any recent visits to Arno's. I have to say the Trip Advisor reviews are uninspiring! Was on my list in 2 weeks???
Yes I am a regular customer and love Arno's and their burgers. Best in Pattaya imo and I eat a lot of burgers and have tried many places.

Prime Burger on Soi Buakhao is very hyped on Facebook so I tried them. Burgers ok but nothing more. The prices were outrageous so I wont be back.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

SP55 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:11 am Prime Burger on Soi Buakhao is very hyped on Facebook
Their Facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/Primeburgerpattaya/

firecat69

Post by firecat69 »

Thanks for that.

Excellent Trip Advisor reviews. Seems to be the same model as Arno. I usually prefer a stand alone restaurant over a Mall Restaurant. Will report back in 3 weeks after I visit. Maybe someone else from the Board will pay a visit soon?

SP55 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:11 am
firecat69 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:44 pm Any recent visits to Arno's. I have to say the Trip Advisor reviews are uninspiring! Was on my list in 2 weeks???
Prime Burger on Soi Buakhao is very hyped on Facebook so I tried them. Burgers ok but nothing more. The prices were outrageous so I wont be back.
Not sure what your gripe could be with prices. Seems to be mostly the same as Arno. Anyways no way to know unless I try both and report back.