Pattaya's Best Burger

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Undaunted

Re: Pattaya's Best Burger

Post by Undaunted »

aussie wrote:Arnos scored 5/10. Burger ordered medium and arrived very well done. Good price for a set though, will order medium rare if i go again.
I had a similiar problem during their "free" burger soft open week, I've been back twice since and ordered rare and I got rare. Last Friday while I was ordering I noticed the waitress was inputting my order on something similar to an ipad. I asked to see it very straight forward in English...Type of burger traditional etc. choice of cheese, rare...med rare...med...well done.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
aussie

Post by aussie »

aussie wrote:WOW angus burger at Central Marina was cooked to perfection each time over four visits. More expensive than Arnos.
That should have been OMG burger shop at Central Marina. I must have been thinking about a hottie I saw at Jomtien Complex last night :D tastier than any burger
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Undaunted wrote:
aussie wrote:Arnos scored 5/10. Burger ordered medium and arrived very well done. Good price for a set though, will order medium rare if i go again.
I had a similiar problem during their "free" burger soft open week, I've been back twice since and ordered rare and I got rare. Last Friday while I was ordering I noticed the waitress was inputting my order on something similar to an ipad. I asked to see it very straight forward in English...Type of burger traditional etc. choice of cheese, rare...med rare...med...well done.
This was my experience as well. First time I ordered Med and it was perfect, perhaps really med rare and that's fine with me. Second time I ordered Med again and it was cooked well done and was dry. It appears that the cooks are not very consistent or lack experience. Since they just opened perhaps it's the latter. When it's cooked right it's very good. I would go back again but I figure stressing to the person taking the order not to over cook the burger is likely an act of futility. I can ask in Thai or English but what you get is what you get.

OMG Central Marina I tried once and did not like it at all.

I was at Tequila Reef on Beach Rd 7 last night and the table next to me had burgers and they looked really good.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Trongpai wrote:First time I ordered Med and it was perfect, perhaps really med rare and that's fine with me. Second time I ordered Med again and it was cooked well done and was dry.
Ditto. My first I ordered med rare but it was med or med well but still tasty. The staff uses Ipads and now I insist on looking at their entry. Subsequent visits and now they are cooked to my tastes. One of the best burgers in Pattaya IMHO.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Today was my fourth visit it is consistently the best burger I’ve had outside of the U.S.
Too bad it is such a nitemare posting pics on this board as I have just posted a pic of my double bacon medium rare made to order burger on Facebook......Pattaya foodies & Pattaya breakfast club.
SP55

Post by SP55 »

Thank you Undaunted for this recommendation. I and my thai friend have now visited Arno's twice because I saw your post about their burgers. And it was indeed the best burgers I've eaten in Thailand. Even my thai friend who usually not like farang food was very impressed and after tasting my burger insisted on having one for himself too.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Arno's has a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/arnos.pattaya/

On their Facebook page, there is a link to Jim's Burger & Beers Pattaya, which I had never heard of until I spotted the link, but also looks like it might be worth a try: Jim's Burger & Beers Pattaya: https://www.facebook.com/jimsburgerpattaya/

I have not been to either of them yet.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

SP55 wrote:Thank you Undaunted for this recommendation. I and my thai friend have now visited Arno's twice because I saw your post about their burgers. And it was indeed the best burgers I've eaten in Thailand. Even my thai friend who usually not like farang food was very impressed and after tasting my burger insisted on having one for himself too.
SP55....I am glad you enjoyed Arno’s, I have been to several burger places in Pattaya including Jim’s, The Hard Rock Cafe, Carl’s Jr. the former Pastrami ON Rye etc, Arno’s is in a league of it’s own and is the best burger I have had outside of the U.S.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I'm in USA right now and eating my share of burgers. Five Guys, 'N and Out and another small chain called the Habit. The Habit was the best and the others the shits, especially when compared to Arno's.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote:I'm in USA right now and eating my share of burgers
As long as USA burgers being mentioned, for me there is only one - White Castle.