ART BOX Bangkok

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
Trongpai

ART BOX Bangkok

Post by Trongpai »

I found this place quite by accident. I was in the neighborhood and had dinner plans unexpected cancelled and wondered what all the lights were about. From the name I had no clue. It's on Sukhumvit between soi 8 and 10.

It reminds me of State and County fairs in the heartland of USA but with a Thai twist. Lots of stalls with both Thai and Farang food, Mexican, BBQ, Pizza and all sorts of finger food. Chairs and tables. There's live music not too loud. I had a BBQ pulled pork sandwich with slaw and a chicken quesadilla. Really good! There's craft beer, wine and mixed drinks. All very reasonable. There's around 50+ food stalls.

The pulled pork I got from the above photo, Yellow truck. At the end of the right side walk path. There's different toppings, you choose. The owner is an talkative Italian guy with a Thai wife. He told me the land was a vacant lot and is owned by that flamboyant owner of lady massage shops who runs for various political offices. He wanted to build a hotel but his building permit was denied. They deny building permits in Bangkok? So, he came up with this idea. Rents are on a month to month basis. Could be gone tomorrow but this guy said he does not think it's going any time soon.

It was really good. Arno's has a cart as well as many other popular regular restaurants in Bangkok. A very American flare rather than British or Continental, not that that's a bad thing. Open 1600 to midnight.

I don't know about this mac and cheese burger. Popular now in USA so I hear. Perhaps I have to think outside the BOX.

I went with my BF and he had Thai food as usual and proclaimed it very good.

It's been here for several months and why has no one told me about it?
christianpfc

Re: ART BOX Bangkok

Post by christianpfc »

The area you are referring to is called Chuvit Garden. It used to be open to public, then closed to public for several years, and recently has varying markets. Stickman sometimes has current information of what's going on there (Chuvit Garden).

I think I saw Art Box, or read about it, elsewhere. It's moving around town.