Wine connection

Restaurant Favorites Throughout Thailand
-And favorite recipes and recipe requests-
gera

Re: Wine connection

Post by gera »

Up2u wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:20 am Ate there about six months ago. Dinner party of four. All of us said we would never go back. Not up to Bangkok standard. Botched food order, screwed up the bill, small portions, and the food was not good. "..... other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"
Six months ago it was about opening time. Would you consider a second chance? For me it is number one choice on nondark side of Pattaya.
fountainhall

Post by fountainhall »

I had dinner again at Wine Connection in Silom Complex on Sunday. My pizza was perfectly fine and the house wine passable.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Wine Connection pizza. No. There's two styles of Pizza in Bangkok, NYC-Italian and Continental Italian. The Wine Connection is neither. It did not even make the top 30 for Trip Adviser. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants ... ngkok.html

I've not tried all of them but I like Peppina - Sukhumvit 33 and Pizza Mania for close to NYC style.

iO Italian Osteria Bangkok and Pala Pizza Romana-recently expanded (near Terminal 21) for real Italian style

Then there's different crust types: Thin sometimes called Neapolitan and thick crust sometimes called Sicilian and a lot in the middle. I like both.

Other items at Wine Connection like some of the roasted pork dishes are acceptable but not outstanding. I've found the service spotty. If you want a starter and main you have to order the starter and order the main after or they both get served together or which ever is cooked first. If you in a group everyone gets their food on what ever time schedule they please.

The beef steaks are also acceptable but there's a lot of places with much better steaks but you'll pay a lot more, up to 3-4X more.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

gera wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:39 pm
Up2u wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:20 am Ate there about six months ago. Dinner party of four. All of us said we would never go back. Not up to Bangkok standard. Botched food order, screwed up the bill, small portions, and the food was not good. "..... other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"
Six months ago it was about opening time. Would you consider a second chance? For me it is number one choice on nondark side of Pattaya.
My friends and I all drive cars so any restaurant in Pattaya we can visit. With so many dining options available I see no reason to return. My friend loves burgers so he ordered one from the menu, sorry, was the answer only can get in Bangkok. I don't drink wine but I'm sure the wine store section will be of interest to others. The restaurant had been open for some time so being a chain one would think all wrinkles would have been ironed out.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Was at Wine Connection for lunch today, I had the special which is any pizza or pasta with a salad and a soda 199..... I had the pizza was asked if I wanted regular or thin crust?.....No complainants
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
windwalker

Post by windwalker »

Did you have regular or thin? Inquiring minds want to know. And did you have wine? ;)
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

windwalker wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:01 pm Did you have regular or thin? Inquiring minds want to know. And did you have wine? ;)
Had the thin ...no wine...included a Pepsi Max....next time will try the regular crust.
Windwalker I know you enjoy a nice wine......This is my current pic......399-430. Note it is a 2017 the 2018 which seems to be on the shelves now cannot compare. There is also an Eaglehawk Merlot and Shiraz ...thumbs down on both :!:

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"