Will Thailand shut down entertainment venues due to virus? Maybe . . .

Anything and everything about Thailand
Up2u

Re: Will Thailand shut down entertainment venues due to virus? Maybe . . .

Post by Up2u »

With the bars closed for two weeks I don't see how they can reopen. You can't practice social distancing in a bar environment and anything you touch could be contaminated. Many of us are in the high risk group. I question using gay social apps as the virus spreads young people with the virus could be asymptomatic.

I have to go to BHP daily for wound care and I arrived this morning right in the middle of a covid19 drill. An ambulance pulls up with a dummy patient. He's put under a big plastic bubble and wheeled into emergency. News media was there.
I asked my nurse if a covid19 patient was at the hospital. She said no.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Up2u wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:17 pm I question using gay social apps as the virus spreads young people with the virus could be asymptomatic.
There is no way to be totally 100% risk free. Boys could be carrying diseases other than the corona virus too. In my opinion, being overkill cautious and living in fear is not how I intend to spend my time. Since to date there are no corona virus cases in Pattaya, at least in Pattaya, if I find a boy I really like on the apps and everything seems to be good, I would have no problem about meeting him. I might take a few additional precautions, such as disinfecting my hands and his, but I'll be damned if I'm going to get intimate with a young gent while he's wearing a face mask . . .

Of course everyone needs to make their own decisions. I know what mine would be.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Last night, Wednesday, the bars in Silom soi 4 and Patpong that have a restaurant service and actual restaurants were allowed by the local police to open with reduced seating arrangements. then suddenly at about 6:30 panic instructions for all businesses to close immediately. Apparently the BIB had heard that a 'big' reporter/ photographer would be touring the district to report. This included actual restaurants. A few yards away in Silom Road it was business as usual in restaurants and bars. The closed business were told that this might be for a few nights only or until the end of the month.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

gerefan wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:07 pm Good bye Sunee Plaza, it’s a pity it had to end like this. It will be looked at in years to come how just a few people managed to ruin the whole economy of a vibrant city for no good reason.
I agree that the swan song has been playing loudly for years in Sunee Plaza, but just the fact that it's managed to hang in there this many years regardless of that song playing in the background, tells me not to count them out just yet.

The entertainment venues in Thailand are its backbone. There is nothing that TAT, the government, or Buddha himself can do to change this. It's been ingrained in the culture for centuries - nurtured by its corrupt underpinnings, and simply cannot be erased.

Thailand's economy is in the process of taking a major hit, the results of which will be felt for years. If there are some entertainment venues which can't afford to reopen after this temporary lock-down, and there probably will be some, then others will open in their place.

The economy crashes...jobs are lost...and a lot of boys would rather pin a number on their shorts than return to the farm fields. At least that's the way I see it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

In Pattaya, several restaurants are out just past the Sian Country Club. A friend who lives out there told me for the past few days, since the restaurants can still serve alcohol, the restaurants were packed with people circumventing the virus regulations and were far more interested in heavily drinking rather than ordering any food.

Last night the police shut down every one of the restaurants permitting that. Good!
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Restaurants allowing the rules to be circumvented should, in my opinion, be shut down permanently. When money, greed, and putting the health and lives of others at risk becomes more important than trying to contain a deadly virus, the word "reprehensible" comes to mind. And the drinkers themselves have something wrong with them. Getting drunk and partying is worth risking your life?

Pattaya Police warn local restaurants-you are allowed to open but if you flaunt the health guidelines set and allow crowds, you will be closed

By Adam Judd

March 20, 2020

Only a few days into a minimum two week closure of all entertainment venues in Pattaya City which includes bars, nightclubs, massage shops, gyms, cinemas, gogos and more Pattaya Police have been warning local restaurant owners that flaunting the rules will not be tolerated.

The closure has taken place out of concerns of the Covid-19 Coronavirus and potential spread in places with mass gatherings. However, restaurants were given an exception to the closure. Malls, shops and non entertainment venues may remain open.

There is no lockdown order and people are free to move about, however discouraged from gathering in large groups in an attempt to “socially distance” and not allow a potential spread of the virus which would overwhelm hospitals.

Yesterday, in a video that we posted, popular local music venue The Rock Factory was raided by police and the management on site detained when they were caught with dozens of customers drinking, but not eating. The venue has a food license, like many other bars and pubs in the city and was using this as an exception.

Pattaya Police said penalities for violating these rules, which fall under the Disease Control Act, can give up to a year in jail and a 100,000 baht fine.

Police officials told The Pattaya News that these orders come directly from the Banglamung and Chonburi Provincial authorities and there would be no exceptions made, which often happens in a town known for it’s party atmosphere and bending the rules. Pattaya relies on tourism and partying for about eighty percent of its yearly revenue and has thousands of bars and nightlife venues.

Restaurants have been told under the orders of the Chonburi Governor that customers must have a minimum space of one meter between groups of patrons, with some even using two meters. Hand sanitizers should be used and plentifully available. Temperature checking of patrons is suggested, but not ordered. Restaurants have also been told that the point of the exception is for people to eat, not to sit, socialize and drink alcohol. Staff must wear masks and regularly clean the venue and enforce high hygiene standards. Many restaurants are using gloves.

There is no booze ban and no plans for one. However, as alcohol causes people to socialize and attracts large groups of people since thousands of venues that people normally use for this are closed, many restaurants are choosing not to sell alcohol at all during this period and only soft drinks and food. Others are selling alcohol, however, requiring that the customer order a meal with the drink and cannot loiter and drink and socialize afterwards.

Most venues have stopped usage of pool tables, darts and other activities. Most venues have also shut off any music and live performers/bands and turned off the televisions to avoid entertainment style activities or crowds of customers. Venues have also stopped quiz nights and parties to stop crowds of people coming in. Restaurant owners have been told to monitor the level of customers in an establishment as well and if it gets too crowded, stop allowing additional folks in. Some restaurants have even turned off their wi-fi to discourage people from sitting for hours and surfing the internet.

Pattaya Police noted they have shut down several restaurants attempting to get around the rules for several weeks and will continue doing so.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/03/20/p ... be-closed/
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Patpong 2, Saturday night. Bring a flashlight.

Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Thailand will probably declare a State of Emergency on Thursday.
Trongpai

Post by Trongpai »

Ch 3 is reporting that a state of emergency would then give Prayut the legal right to enforce a curfew nationwide. We'll have to wait until Thursday or later to see what develops.

As I said in another post I don't care if there's a curfew or not. There's no reason to go out.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Trongpai wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:34 pm Ch 3 is reporting that a state of emergency would then give Prayut the legal right to enforce a curfew nationwide.
Government spokeswoman denies curfew:
https://pattayaone.news/govt-unlikely-t ... okeswoman/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"