Important Info for Those in Bangkok & Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Important Info for Those in Bangkok & Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:41 pm Their contact phone number is on their website
I can't speak for others, but for me that's not good enough. For me it has to be personally, in their office, along with reading the contract.

The only way I would call or use Email is if I go to their local office and find it closed due to the virus and it will not open again any time soon.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:17 pm I can't speak for others, but for me that's not good enough. For me it has to be personally, in their office, along with reading the contract.
I glad to hear this, when you go speak to Wim he is one of the falang owners and he will answer all your questions....Good luck :!: Oh, it would be appreciated by some if you post the information you received.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:22 pm when you go
It's not when I go. It's if I go. I haven't decided yet. And if I do go, of course I will post what I find out.

If anyone else goes, also please post.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I sent AA an email. I am recovering from foot surgery and in a wheelchair. If any of us wind up in a Thai hospital with covid-19 the outcome could be bleak. I hope this insurance would cover BHP but I am not optimistic.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

I just called AA and a lady Took answered some questions. The policy is a liitle less than 900 baht per year. The policy is for 100,000 medical and she said could be used at BHP. After 100k you are responsible for costs but if the doctor states your situation is life threatening (ventilator) the max becomes 1M.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:16 am If I'm buying, even very inexpensively, I want to be damned sure what I'm actually getting for my money.
With an insurance policy that costs 400-600 baht, you might get a lollipop and a pat on the ass if you're lucky.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

If it was me I would want everything in writing.
I have learnt over the years that phone calls or meetings cannot be relied upon.
In writing only ....
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Up2u wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:08 pm I just called AA and a lady Took answered some questions. The policy is a liitle less than 900 baht per year. The policy is for 100,000 medical and she said could be used at BHP. After 100k you are responsible for costs but if the doctor states your situation is life threatening (ventilator) the max becomes 1M.

Anyone in a high risk group that is not covered by existing or high deductible policies should see the necessity for a policy like this. Shit happens :!:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:01 pm If it was me I would want everything in writing.
Me too, although in Thailand I'm not so sure how much help that would be in case of a dispute.

"You want a contract? To be upheld in what court?"
Liam Neeson (Oskar Schindler), 'Schindler's List'
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:53 pm
gerefan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:01 pm If it was me I would want everything in writing.
Me too, although in Thailand I'm not so sure how much help that would be in case of a dispute.
How the fuck could you get a policy that wasn’t in writing. :roll: