Important Info for Those in Bangkok & Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Important Info for Those in Bangkok & Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:56 pm How the fuck could you get a policy that wasn’t in writing. :roll:
Good point, but I think what we meant is we want to see everything in writing before signing up, not simply depend on what a sales pitch is telling us.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Undaunted wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:56 pm How the fuck could you get a policy that wasn’t in writing. :roll:
That’s not the point.

It’s the small niff naff, not included in the small print, that may need clarifying.

As I said, from past experience, if it’s not in writing there is room for denial...especially in Thailand.

Remember that Insurers all over the world HATE paying out!
Jun

Post by Jun »

I also insist everything has to be in writing.
In this day and age, an e-mail pdf would be sufficient in the UK.

Back in the days when I answered unrecognised inbound phone calls, I often got calls from one of my existing banks, or other service providers.
If they pitched anything, my response was "send it to me in writing". If they carried on talking, I just repeated the message. I can't remember any actually sending me the details.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:37 pm
Good point, but I think what we meant is we want to see everything in writing before signing up, not simply depend on what a sales pitch is telling us.

Bring a magnifying glass :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"