Visa With 800,000 Baht

Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Re: Visa With 800,000 Baht

Post by Undaunted »

When you choose to use the 800,000 method you need to know everything it entails. Then there is zero risk, merely an inconvenience.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:17 pm When you choose to use the 800,000 method you need to know everything it entails. Then there is zero risk, merely an inconvenience.
I totally agree, but it seems like some have bitten off more than they can chew...and now tripping over themselves "after the fact" trying to figure out what it really entails.

Ready - Fire - Aim.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Last Friday I went with all the usual paperwork and bankbook to once again renew my 1yr visa using money on deposit in my Thai account.Immigration was jammed with people most of whom were tourists stuck here trying to obtain visa extensions. Because of the virus everyone must line up outside to be checked for high temperature, people are literally shoulder to shoulder. After handing in my paperwork and signing some papers I was not handed anything that said I must return with my updated bankbook in 90 days, being Friday I was told to return on Monday (today) to pick up my passport with the new visa, as there was once again a very long line waiting to get in 1 immigration person was watching that no one would enter via the exit door, not wishing to wait again since I had a plastic number card to retrieve my passport I gave it to the guy at the exit door he returned with my passport and visa stamp a few minutes later, once again nothing written directing me to return in 90 days with an updated passbook. The only form I had to sign was acknowledging the info I had given was truthful.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:47 pm Immigration was jammed with people
What time were you there? How long was the waiting time before you could enter?