Anything and everything about Thailand
Undaunted

Thailand the Next Italy

Post by Undaunted »

Doctors speak out:

Thailand might be the next Italy

by Mark Kelly

March 24, 2020

A doctor has posted online his opinion on the Covid-19 situation in Thailand, stating that Thailand might become the next Italy. The Facebook Page “Stories from doctor on the border” in Thai posted “I can predict that 10 days from now Thailand will be the next Italy.

The number of patients will jump up and people will die so fast that no one can help them. This can be someone in your family, or you. This is because our definition of Social distancing and Self-quarantine is not serious enough. Still going out, dining outside, celebrations with more than 60 people. You can’t warn them because they’ll just give you hell.

Citizens are traveling outside of the shutdown areas and no one is stopping them. When people are traveling out of the city with the highest number of cases to return home, this is just like Italy… When those in charge aren’t doing anything and in some ways making it worse. There is already a shortage of hospital equipment. I am not confident enough to say that this is controllable. Is it time that the people work together to stop the pandemic?”

Another doctor Withan Thanawuth, M.D., from Siriraj Hospital, revealed a graph of the situation in Thailand that is similar to Italy’s and Iran’s graphs. The number of cases is rising fast in a short period of time, leading to a health care system that cannot keep up. The graph is based on Vox analysis of the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University data, through March 15. Iran is represented in Orange, South Korea in yellow, Italy in navy, USA in pink, Japan in blue, Singapore in green, Hongkong in purple, and Thailand in red.

The doctor reveals that Thailand right now is at a crucial point, if we can control the situation in time then Thailand will follow Japan and Singapore. But, if the number keeps on jumping up in the next 5-7 days then we will follow Italy and Iran. He also expressed his confusion as to why the government won’t communicate more to the people, this is so that we can all understand how important this situation actually is and take action in preventing the spread of Covid-19. The most useful action the people can take right now is to stay home.

https://pattayaone.news/thailand-might-next-italy/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Re: Thailand the Next Italy

Post by Jun »

At current rates of growth, the USA will have had more cases than either China or Italy in about 3 days time, so that's possibly the next Italy. Admittedly, this will be a much lower rate of infection per capita than Italy, but much higher than China.

As for Thailand, I would really like to know why the growth rate in case numbers suddenly increased about 10 days ago. They've gone from doing OK to the same kind of growth rates seen in Europe or the US.
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

Jun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:52 am As for Thailand, I would really like to know why the growth rate in case numbers suddenly increased about 10 days ago.
Partial explanation.....

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/cri ... ure-order/
Jun

Post by Jun »

Up2u wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:59 am
Jun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:52 am As for Thailand, I would really like to know why the growth rate in case numbers suddenly increased about 10 days ago.
Partial explanation.....
Put the management of the boxing stadium in jail for 10 years.

There is also the wider question of what exactly is the army doing running a boxing stadium ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:24 pm There is also the wider question of what exactly is the army doing running a boxing stadium ?
That's what I'd like to know. I would also like to know who authorized this in the middle of a pandemic. What was so important about it? This wasn't exactly the Clay-Liston fight was it?

I'd also like to know why this wasn't stopped. Obviously a hell of a lot of people knew about this. It would be hard to convince me that everybody knew except the authorities who could have stopped it. You don't contain a serious contagious disease by allowing these kinds of events to take place and then criticizing them later.

I hope those responsible will be punished. If they are military, bust them down to private. I wonder if a court-martial would be appropriate.

It is this type of thing that is so frustrating. The virus is rapidly spreading throughout Thailand mainly because of negligence, selfishness, greed, and utter stupidity. If it wasn't for that, there might not even be a crisis in Thailand and the virus might have been contained weeks ago.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Gaybutton wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:42 pm
Jun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:24 pm There is also the wider question of what exactly is the army doing running a boxing stadium ?
That's what I'd like to know. I would also like to know who authorized this in the middle of a pandemic. What was so important about it? This wasn't exactly the Clay-Liston fight was it?
Your post made me laugh.....Military......betting.....much money......that’s the answer.
You are naive after living here so many years :!:
Jun

Post by Jun »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:07 pm You are naive after living here so many years :!:
No, it's just your crude interpretation of my post. At about the Donald Trump level of thinking.

I know the military and police are running all sorts of businesses they shouldn't. When they also act as though they are above the law, I'm right to question it. Even if they ARE above the law.

People will die as a result of this incident.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:13 pm No, it's just your crude interpretation of my post.
Unless you too have lived here many years, I think the post was directed at me.

Relax. Haven't you figured out yet that Undaunted loves trying to get a rise out of people?
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Jun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:24 pm
There is also the wider question of what exactly is the army doing running a boxing stadium ?
My guess, and it’s only a guess, is that it was something to do with the move from
Lumpini a few years ago.
The original site, in a very desirable area next to Lumpini Park, was sold to a developer and the resultant massive construction can be seen by anyone passing.

A vast amount of money must have come their way and financed the current world class boxing stadium...plus some other pockets no doubt.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Jun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:13 pm
Undaunted wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:07 pm You are naive after living here so many years :!:
No, it's just your crude interpretation of my post.
You should be more worried about Prince Charles than what is happening here in Thailand :!: