Chonburi governor says 21 Corona virus cases now in Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Chonburi governor says 21 Corona virus cases now in Pattaya

Post by Gaybutton »

Chonburi Governor holds press conference, discusses all 38 cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi, Koh Larn, further restrictions likely coming

By Adam Judd

Wednesday, 25 March 2020
Pattaya has the most cases in Chonburi, at twenty one. He stressed that full contact tracing and quarantining was being done in every case.
Chonburi - The Governor of Chonburi, Phakarathorn Tienchai, spoke through the Chonburi PR social media channel this afternoon to address the public on the total cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi, the rise in cases over the past several days and the actions being taken for the Chonburi area. He stated that Chonburi now had, since the very start of the outbreak, 38 cases of Covid-19 identified in or from Chonburi residents and foreigners.

He acknowledged the rise in cases, especially in the Mueang Chonburi area located closest to Bangkok. He stated that the vast majority were from people who attended a boxing stadium match in Lumpini and local residents, 18 in total with three close contacts of theirs. They had all been contact traced and their friends and relatives remain in quarantine.

Four cases were from a nightclub cluster in Bangkok. Two were Thais recently back from Italy and Sweden who were identified previously. Seven were foreigners including an Italian man early in the month in Laem Chabang who we reported on previously as well as a Belgium man who visited Pattaya and went to Phetchabun, who we also reported on previously. Specific details were not given on all of these foreigner cases.

Two were contacts of other cases and two are still being fully contact traced. A total of eleven cases have been identified from Banglamung, which includes Pattaya. Nearly all of them were Thai people back from the boxing match cluster in Bangkok.

Mueang Pattaya has the most cases in Chonburi, at twenty one. He stressed that full contact tracing and quarantining was being done in every case.

He acknowledged the request from Koh Larn residents to close the island off temporarily to all non residents and stated he would be addressing that in a meeting later this afternoon with other local leaders. He stated this meeting would also address further potential restrictions meant to protect Chonburi as a whole and would align with measures from the Prime Minister and the emergency decree being announced.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/03/25/c ... ly-coming/
Dodger

Re: Chonburi governor says 21 Corona virus cases now in Pattaya

Post by Dodger »

Interesting how Pattaya has consistently reported ZERO Corona cases, but the Chonburi Governor reports the highest number in Chonburi Province as being in Pattaya at 21.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

It is illogical hat there were no cases in a huge city like Pattaya.

Rest assured it is coming ....
Jun

Post by Jun »

gerefan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:31 pm It is illogical hat there were no cases in a huge city like Pattaya.
Rest assured it is coming ....
As I've been saying for some time.
For an imported disease, how the hell could THE major tourist destination after Bangkok have had no cases at all, whilst all sorts of smaller places have had cases ? I encountered numerous visitors from places like Italy last month (for example).

Now they have confessed to the obvious.

Any board members in a high risk group should probably avoid contact with other people for a while. High risk might include being of a certain age, immuno compromised, smokers etc (or all of these).
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Even in the Chonburi Report above the numbers in Pattaya are intentionally hidden.

The country's on a lock-down. All foreigners have been banned entry. No tourists are coming to Thailand. It's like children playing a game of hide and seek, only the game is over, and one child doesn't know it and keeps hiding.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Dodger wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:11 pm Even in the Chonburi Report above the numbers in Pattaya are intentionally hidden.
So that shows 12 for Bang Lamung, which I thought covers Pattaya and not much else. Not 21 ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:15 pm So that shows 12 for Bang Lamung, which I thought covers Pattaya and not much else. Not 21 ?
Whether 12 or 21 or whatever, it doesn't matter to me whether the news article got it wrong or the chart got it wrong, whether there are honest mistakes or whether somebody is trying to cover up anything. What matters is the disease has reached Pattaya. Whether the reports are honest or not, it's here and we all better be very careful so that we don't end up with it.

For me, they don't have to impose a curfew. I'm staying home until this is over. If I go out, it will only be for essential reasons, such as grocery shopping or a doctor appointment. I'm certainly not going to look for a place where I can clandestinely drink. If I want to drink, I'll drink at home. And since I'm not a drinker in the first place, that is not an issue for me.

"This is my house and I'm not going no place."
Vasiliki Maliaros (Karras' Mother), 'The Exorcist'