Chonburi governor says 21 Corona virus cases now in Pattaya

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Chonburi governor says 21 Corona virus cases now in Pattaya

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:01 pm For me, they don't have to impose a curfew. I'm staying home until this is over. If I go out, it will only be for essential reasons, such as grocery shopping or a doctor appointment.
That's wise.

When I do go out grocery shopping, I take precautions:
1 Wipe the trolley handle down with an antiseptic wipe
2 Wear a face mask
3 Take hand gel and use it frequently. Particularly after returning the trolley before driving home.
4 Wash my hands after unpacking
5 Try to put any new purchases at the back of the cupboard, for rotation purposes.

The virus can survive for some time on certain surfaces, which influences all of my actions except #2.

Since I don't have a stock of fresh face masks, mine gets sprayed with alcohol and left to dry in the sun or in a warm place after use.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Jun wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:15 pm
Dodger wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:11 pm Even in the Chonburi Report above the numbers in Pattaya are intentionally hidden.
So that shows 12 for Bang Lamung, which I thought covers Pattaya and not much else. Not 21 ?
No, Banglamung covers Banglamung, just like the other areas/districts listed in the Report.

If they are now announcing the fact that there are 21 cases in Pattaya, then they should list Pattaya in the Report. Perfect example of this sleight-of-hand is the fact that even after reading the Report the number of cases in Pattaya remains in the fog.

They're really making fools of themselves at this juncture.

Everyone knew that there simply had to be cases reported in the largest tourist city in the Kingdom, and trying to conceal this serves absolutely no purpose.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Another couple questions - Are all hospitals accepting and treating virus cases? If not, which hospitals are accepting patients and which are rejecting them? I understand some hospitals that find themselves with a Corona virus case transfer the patient to another hospital.
Daleinpattaya

Post by Daleinpattaya »

On 23 March, I sent the following message to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya via a messaging capability on their website.

"I am a longtime patient at BHP… I hope I will never need this information… I would like to know what is the position of BHP in regards to coronavirus/covid19 .... In regards to testing and treatment… Thank you very much."

On 24 March, I received the following response.

"Thank you very much for your email.

Further to your inquiry,  please note that at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya we have the facilities to test and treat the patients with Coronavirus 2019.

You may watch the VDO regarding the screening and prevention measures at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya via the link below. Thank you very much.

If you should have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards, Jutatip Bowles

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya
301 Moo 6 Sukhumvit Road KM 143, Naklua
Banglamung, Chonburi 20150, Thailand
Tel: ‪(66) 38 259999 EXT 6068‬
Fax: ‪(66) 38 259919‬
Email: [email protected]
http://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com
gera

Post by gera »

IMHO , Pattaya is probably one of the best places in the world to survive during corona virus epidemic.
1. Pattaya is virtually empty because of ban on tourists and entertainment workers rapidly moving out to Isaan.

2. Excellent medical facilities eager to treat farangs on commercial basis

3. Temperature and humidity levels not favorable for virus spreading (the worst range is between 3 and 17c).

Those of you who are currently in Pattaya should count your blessings.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gera wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:31 am Those of you who are currently in Pattaya should count your blessings.
I agree. And that is something I do every day, virus or not.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

gera wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:31 am Those of you who are currently in Pattaya should count your blessings.
I hope you're right!
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
2lz2p

Post by 2lz2p »

Daleinpattaya wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:38 am Further to your inquiry,  please note that at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya we have the facilities to test and treat the patients with Coronavirus 2019.

You may watch the VDO regarding the screening and prevention measures at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya via the link below. Thank you very much.

If you should have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Here is a poster they now have on display:

Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I was at Bangkok-Pattaya hospital yesterday for a routine exam. I saw a lady at a booth outside the main entrance with masks. I don't know whether they were free or for sale. I didn't pay attention because I had my own mask.

I think they're right to deny entry without a mask, but if they don't provide a mask for people who can't find one, I think that would be wrong.
stkyricesf

Post by stkyricesf »

Just want to say, take care to all my friends/friends I consider family in Pattaya. Hoping everyone stays safe and hope to see everyone soon.