Pattaya’s Long Term Closures

Post by Undaunted »

Pattaya could face 80% closures up to a year:

https://pattayaone.news/pattaya-faces-8 ... to-a-year/
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Gaybutton

Re: Pattaya’s Long Term Closures

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:14 am Pattaya could face 80% closures up to a year:
I hope it won't come to that, but even if the virus problem ends tomorrow, it will obviously take a very long time for Pattaya to recover. In some cases that's good. Personally I hope the Chinese tour bus problem never recovers - or the powers-that-be do something now to prevent the tour bus problems from happening while they can. I won't be holding my breath about that, though.
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Here we go again!

Another SENSATIONAL article by PattayaOne.

Tell us something we don't already know:

- There is an international travel ban in place, so no tourists can enter Thailand.

- The tourist industry has plummeted.

- 80% of the money-flow in Pattaya comes from tourism.

- Businesses are taking a giant hit - bills aren't getting paid...and prostitutes are forced back onto the farms.

- Tea Money, which is the bedrock of Pattaya operations, has vanished.

Yes, the business model in Pattaya that the government and TaT have been trying to re-invent has crumbled under the force of mother nature, and will inevitably return to the business model it was two decades ago, when everyone was enjoying themselves, and tourists had a reason to want to come here. If you take the Chinese out of the equation, tourism started declining the minute the government announced its plans to start building playgrounds for children, in place of gogo bars and karaoke clubs for adult entertainment.

There are 2.5 million foreign residents in Thailand, with 70,000 of them residing in Pattaya. Most came here because they fell in love with a Thai girl or boy, or just fell in love with the fact that they could enjoy sex with much younger counterparts for the price of a meal. That's what motivated foreigners to come here to live. That's what enticed the tourists to come for holiday. That's what got the money flowing. That's how new houses in poverty-infested Isaan got built. That's what financed thousands of young people through school That's what filled the pockets of the BIB who facilitated the nightlife, and that's where it needs to return.

Always the optimist, I see great things in store for Pattaya in the future. Better yet, I see great things in store for us.

From a pure business perspective: There's an abundance of "Demand" for the type of offering Thailand had up until the year 2012, and there's certainly an abundance of "Supply", especially now that this Pandemic has drained the Thais bank accounts (or, cookie jars), and all that's left to do now is for the military to give control of the operations of Pattaya back to the police so the wheels can start turning again.

The way things were headed before this Pandemic occurred, Pattaya would have been totally ruined within 3 years time. Now, at least there's a chance to get things back to the basics we all came here for.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:32 pm inevitably return to the business model it was two decades ago, when everyone was enjoying themselves, and tourists had a reason to want to come here.
I have been thinking the same thing. I sure hope we're right. I've been saying it for years - trying to change Pattaya's paradigm and create some sort of "family oriented" city was a ridiculous idea and doomed from the start. I don't know why they even wanted to do that unless they were giving in to foreign pressure, were prudes themselves and wanted to impose their personal views on everybody else, or both.

I hope they see that it didn't work, wasn't going to work, and never will work.

I believe and hope Dodger is right and that we all live long enough to see it happen and enjoy it. I'll be happy when once again my major complaint about Pattaya is the music volume in the go-go bars - a lot of go-go bars with a lot of customers - and fuck the music volume. I'll quit complaining (at least I think I will) and buy a set of ear plugs . . .
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

Dodger my old friend I am with you on this one, every gay venue in Pattaya could go away if Sunee would become its old self again, and you wouldn’t need a b/f....Lol

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

Undaunted wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:21 pm Dodger my old friend I am with you on this one, every gay venue in Pattaya could go away if Sunee would become its old self again, and you wouldn’t need a b/f....Lol
That video makes me want to cry.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Dodger wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:36 pm That video makes me want to cry.
Dry your tears. You know that old saying about history repeating itself? Maybe, just maybe . . .