Chonburi province - meaning Pattaya - Officially imposes restrictions due to the virus

Anything and everything about Thailand
RichLB

Re: Chonburi province - meaning Pattaya - Officially imposes restrictions due to the virus

Post by RichLB »

I suppose it's a stupid question, but if you're stopped at a checkpoint, how do you prove you are a permanent resident in Pattaya? Are we going to be required to carry some kind of paperwork to verify this?
Gaybutton

Re: Chonburi province - meaning Pattaya - Officially imposes restrictions due to the virus

Post by Gaybutton »

RichLB wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:23 am how do you prove you are a permanent resident in Pattaya?
As far as I know, nobody is being asked to show documentation, but if it comes to that a Thai driving license has your address on the back. Nothing in the news media tells us if anything is or will be required. Just in case, I would take along something such as a bill or envelope - something that has your address on it. If you live in a condo, perhaps some sort of letter, written by the management in Thai, verifying your address would suffice. And make sure you have your passport with you.

If you spot a police officer anywhere, maybe you could ask him for advice. I suppose you could also go to a police station and ask.

Again, part of the problem is the news media never seems to provide that sort of information or they never provide it until after the fact. So, without any such information, I suppose all one can do is guess.

Meanwhile, since such a lockdown is not yet in effect, if you have a reason to leave the province, I would do so and return before a lockdown happens. Also, if you are a Pattaya resident, but you're not in Pattaya right now, I would get back as quickly as possible. Either that, or be prepared to stay somewhere else until a lockdown is lifted.

The important thing for the moment is no lockdown of Pattaya or the province is in effect. If it does come into effect, it won't be before Monday. I think they will lock down Pattaya, so I would do any necessary traveling outside of the area right now and get back as soon as you can. Don't forget, if they do decide on a lockdown, they could make it effective immediately.
RichLB

Post by RichLB »

Once again an opportunity to demonstrate how ignorant I am. Where, exactly, is Pattaya? If they lock down Pattaya, does that include Jomtien, East Pattaya, Nongprue, or where. Frankly, I've never figured out where the hell I live - Pattaya, Jomtien, or Banglamung.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

RichLB wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:00 pm Once again an opportunity to demonstrate how ignorant I am. Where, exactly, is Pattaya? If they lock down Pattaya, does that include Jomtien, East Pattaya, Nongprue, or where. Frankly, I've never figured out where the hell I live - Pattaya, Jomtien, or Banglamung.
For those that have a Thai drivers license your address is on it :!:
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

RichLB wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:00 pm Once again an opportunity to demonstrate how ignorant I am. Where, exactly, is Pattaya? If they lock down Pattaya, does that include Jomtien, East Pattaya, Nongprue, or where. Frankly, I've never figured out where the hell I live - Pattaya, Jomtien, or Banglamong.
Yes, you live in Pattaya.( Banglamung excluded (although there are some overlaps))

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattaya
Dodger

Post by Dodger »

RichLB wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:00 pm Once again an opportunity to demonstrate how ignorant I am. Where, exactly, is Pattaya? If they lock down Pattaya, does that include Jomtien, East Pattaya, Nongprue, or where. Frankly, I've never figured out where the hell I live - Pattaya, Jomtien, or Banglamong.
Rich, not a dumb question at all.

In case you don't have a drivers license:

Pattaya, which is in Chonburi Province, is divided into 3 districts, (in addition to North, Central and South Pattaya): Nong Prue - Pratumnak - Jomtien.

(Areas immediately north of Nong Prue are part of Bang Lamung District. Areas immediately south of Jomtien are part of Sattahip District).

Any restrictions or lockdowns imposed which are directed at Pattaya include Nong Prue, Pratumnak and Jomtien.

I hope this helps.