Food Delivery

Anything and everything about Thailand
RichLB

Food Delivery

Post by RichLB »

Does anyone have any recommendations for restaurants that offer food delivery to the Jomtien area? Now that HotMeals2u and PattayaMeals have suspended operations (they may reopen next week) those of us dependent on prepared food are hurting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
odd

Re: Food Delivery

Post by odd »

We have been using Grab Food here on the Darkside-Sukhumvit Soi 89. They have a list of restaurants that they can deliver from-delivery 19 baht.
Sportsmans seems out of order at present but soon I will be ordering my Sunday lunch , via Grab, from Robin Hood. We have also used Jamesons.
Sunday carvery last week was excellent 299 baht. More than enough food for me-the dog enjoyed the left overs! Hope this helps.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

The Shack in Jomtien is Eddy from Richman Poorman . If you call and give them your email they will send their menu.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
odd

Post by odd »

Apologies-Small Dinner is 239 not 299
richsilver

Post by richsilver »

Food Panda has dozens and dozens of places that deliver. You can also order directly from the Shack, Poseidon, La Bocca, Pan Pan, Da Nicola, Fraser's, Marco's. Virtually all the restaurants in Jomtien will deliver.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

There is a new western style Chinese restaurant in Pattaya that delivers via Lineman app.

Hungry Panda Restaurant

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Up2u

Post by Up2u »

richsilver wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:12 pm Food Panda has dozens and dozens of places that deliver. You can also order directly from the Shack, Poseidon, La Bocca, Pan Pan, Da Nicola, Fraser's, Marco's. Virtually all the restaurants in Jomtien will deliver.
And New York Pizza and Legende have their own delivery service.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Another alternative for those of us on "The Dark Side" and just about anywhere in Pattaya, including RichLB's location, is Greg's Little House.

See: https://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10107

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlehousecafedeli/

He makes an excellent Sunday roast that is just as good and really far better than most I've had anywhere in Pattaya. The portions are huge. I've had it a few times and have yet to be able to finish it all - including this evening - for all of 220 baht.

Greg delivers to most locations on "The Dark Side". This evening I was in the mood for his Chicken Sunday Roast. I live very close to his location, so rather than have it delivered I preferred to go and take it away myself - got me out of the house for a little while.

While I was there I talked to him about RichLB's predicament. He said for far away locations, he will deliver if the order is worth it. For example, he said he would be happy to deliver to RichLB if his order is around 800 baht. He suggested ordering a regular meal plus a few frozen meals. They come in microwavable containers. So, if you have a freezer and a microwave, you're all set. He said with most of the frozen meals, 10 minutes in the microwave and dinner is served.

He also said it is probably best to call him personally rather than trying to use his online delivery. He said you would simply tell him what you want, your location, and he will negotiate a delivery fee.

With the curfew in place, you need to order early enough for the food to be prepared, delivered, and the driver has enough time to return before the curfew. Since right now the curfew begins at 10:00pm, if you live at a distance I would order no later then 7:30pm.

telephone: 091 240 4331