Did you think road work around Jomtien is finally finished? Guess again

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Did you think road work around Jomtien is finally finished? Guess again

Post by Gaybutton »

Who knows - maybe those underground toilets that were promised a few years ago will finally be built too.

Don't hold your breath . . .

New Road Construction Project Coming to Jomtien Beach

By Tanakorn Panyadee

7 August, 2023

Pattaya City is planning to carry out several upgrades to an area near Jomtien Beach, with complete work zone closure expected.

At a council meeting on August 4th, Deputy Permanent Secretary of Pattaya Kiattisak Sriwongchai met with departments including the Provincial Waterworks Authority, Regional Electricity Authority, and representatives of beach umbrella vendors near Jomtien Beach to discuss a planned development project that will take place near Jomtien Beach in September 2023.

The project aimed at enhancing the landscape of Jomtien Beach, encompassing the improvement of the beachside road, with a complete closure of the work zone to ensure safety, Kiattisak stated.

Still, two lanes of the road will remain operational, with warning signs and traffic personnel to facilitate smooth traffic flow.

The project is divided into four phases including:

1. Improvement of the landscape, underground electrical system, and drainage along the Family Mart to the Pattaya police station, Dong Tan Office.
2. Enhancement of landscaping and street lighting system along the Family Mart to Deva Beach Resort Hotel.
3. Landscaping and sidewalk and trees enhancement from Deva Beach Resort Hotel to Soi Jomtien 19.
4. Construction of a drainage building in front of Deva Beach Resort Hotel.
5. The completion date of the project has yet to be announced.

The announcement of yet another road improvement project will likely frustrate Jomtien residents but Pattaya City officials say it is necessary despite a temporary inconvenience for infrastructure improvements.

Story, photos, and graphics: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/07/n ... ien-beach/
Daleinpattaya

Re: Did you think road work around Jomtien is finally finished? Guess again

Post by Daleinpattaya »

Where is the FAMILY MART that is referred to?

“Family Mart to the Pattaya police station”
“Family Mart to Deva Beach Resort Hotel“
gerefan

Re: Did you think road work around Jomtien is finally finished? Guess again

Post by gerefan »

I needed a Family Mart last year to top up my mobile phone and the only one I could find in Jomtien was about 1/4 of a mile along the beach road from the police station at Dongtan Beach.
I guess that’s it!