Nationality of Bar Boys

Anything and everything about Thailand
Jun

Re: Nationality of Bar Boys

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:03 amHow many......?
The only example was from a bar in Soi Twilight about 10 years ago. I won't name the bar, but it's a brand name that still exists. ;)

Anyway, he was about 2 months away from the desired age. Most annoying, as I thought all the Soi Twilight bars would be respectable in such respects & I had paid the off fee. Far too Fresh for my liking. I sent him away.

The oldest example where I actually checked a passport turned out to be 31 :oops: . I think his app profile claimed he was 24 and he was actually worried I was going to kick him out for being too old. No chance of that, when he looks about 20.

Referring back to the thread title, both these were Vietnamese, which is unusual. I've had a grand total of 4 Vietnamese make it to my hotel and just 2 made it into my room.
The 2 successes were the 31 year old and another 20+ lad in Singapore, in about 2008.

The 2 failures were on ID card related offences. The one already mentioned & another lad in Mae Sot.
I suspect the Mae Sot lad was Vietnamese, as he was translating into Vietnamese on his phone app.
I asked for his ID card and he had forgot to bring it. He was of an age where I needed to check ID, so I sent him away. I'd reminded him twice during our conversation, so no excuses. He was also slightly overweight and scowling, so the lack of ID was perhaps lucky for me.

At the time, I wondered why he was in Mae Sot. However, some of my Lao friends have occasionally gone to that border for visa runs, so perhaps he needed one too.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:29 am The 2 failures were on ID card related offences.
That reminds me of a true story I haven't thought about for years. This was about 20 years ago already. A farang staying at the Ambiance was a very annoying person, the type who complains about anything and everything and makes the desk clerk's life miserable.

The desk clerk was getting sick and tired of this guy, but he had a problem of his own. He had lost his ID card and it was going to be a pain to replace it. A couple evenings later that same farang entered the hotel with a boy he intended to take to his room. It was policy at the Ambiance to first check the boy's ID card and then hold it until he leaves once the customer gives the all clear.

The desk clerk was suspicious of the boy because he looked younger than 18 by at least 2 years. He was going to take a very good look at the boy's ID card. He knew the old trick of under-age boys borrowing ID cards from friends who are at least 18, hoping if it was checked the person checking it wouldn't notice or wouldn't care. Sometimes a boy would borrow from an older brother, so the resemblance often fooled the most scrupulous check.

When the Ambiance desk clerk checked the boy's ID card he had a very pleasant surprise. It was his own ID card, the one he had lost!! Apparently the boy found it and was trying to use it. Now there was no question the boy was under-age. The desk clerk had his card back and denied the boy entry into the hotel.

Of course the annoying farang went into a screaming Karen-like temper tantrum right there in the lobby, but the desk clerk would have none of it. The farang could carry on as much as he wanted, but no way was that boy getting into the hotel.

Ahhhhhh, sometimes revenge via karma is the sweetest kind of all . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

An amusing story and it's no surprise at all.

Someone I know used to rely on the doorman at his hotel to make additional checks on ID cards. The doorman sometimes used to question them and there was at least one instance when the lad was unable to give a date of birth matching that on the card.

There's also a fundamental problem that the photos on Thai ID cards are too small and poor quality. Even getting a magnifier out doesn't really rescue the situation, as the photos are too poor.
They could easily double the size of the photos and fit them on the same ID card.

Where I am relying on ID as proof of age, I'm much happier if it's a foreign passport. The passports have much larger & clearer photos. Nothing stops them redesigning the ID card to include a passport sized photo.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

billyhouston sent me a message pointing out that the photo of a Shan bag I posted in an earlier post is incorrect. He sent these photos of what Shan bags actually look like. I'm sure you'll easily see the difference.

Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:25 pmI'm sure you'll easily see the difference.
Well the unique and distinctive features common to both bags appear to be the tassels hanging off the bottom corners ?
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:40 pm Well the unique and distinctive features common to both bags appear to be the tassels hanging off the bottom corners ?
I noticed the different type of straps before I noticed the tassels.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:00 amI noticed the different type of straps before I noticed the tassels.
Broad straps are sometimes seen on other bags. Possibly for good functional reasons, as a broad strap spreads the load.

Anyway, I'm not quite keen enough to source a Shan bag and wait for the Myanmar boys to find me. I'm more into finding lads on the phone apps, or just occasionally at gogo or host bars.
My last Burmese lad in Thailand was from Fresh Boys, in 2019. Very skinny and wearing nice thin white undies on stage, back in the days when that bar had the right kind of dress code.
I don't recall ever hiring a Burmese lad in Pattaya.
Jun

Post by Jun »

I've also never met a Filipino lad in Pattaya.

When I visited the Philippines, they tended to be very good in bed and the tip expectations were at least a third lower than in Pattaya. The numerical tip was about the same, except you get far more Pesos for your money than Baht.

A lot of them are overweight, but the population is large enough to still find plenty of them in good shape. I've also had some success with Filipinos in Europe.

The only time I found one on Grindr in Pattaya, he wanted 2000 baht short time. There was no chance of me paying that, with plenty of other deserving lads around.
I'm not sure where he got such expectations from. The Philippines is a noticeably poorer country than Thailand, with GDP per capita at about $3900, which is less than half Thai levels (IMF data).
christianpfc

Post by christianpfc »

Jun wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:18 pm How often do you meet a lad from Myanmar ?
Regularly. Not the same, but various.

Now that you mention it, I don't have statistics where the boys I meet in Thailand come from. I can only guess that 10-20% of my encounters are from Myanmar.

No idea about the number of Myanmar boys in gogo bars. I don't go to Bangkok gogo bars any more. In Pattaya, I only go to Nice and Winner, but I don't think any of them have Myanmar, or other foreign boys in large numbers, I think most of their boys are Thai. No idea about host bars either, as that's not my style, I rarely go there.

The only places that I know that have large number or Myanmar boys are the massage shops in Saphan Kwai and Inthamara in Bangkok. All my encounters from online dating or in these massages.