Family Mart to become Tops Daily

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Family Mart to become Tops Daily

Post by Gaybutton »

Family Mart Convenience Stores in Thailand to be Fully Rebranded to Tops Daily

By Tanakorn Panyadee

14 August, 2023

Bidding farewell to Thailand, the iconic “Family Mart” convenience stores is being fully rebranded as “Tops Daily” after over three decades of service.

Central Retail Corporation PLC (CRC) has made the decision to fully transform and rename its iconic Family Mart convenience stores to Tops Daily by the end of this year.

This strategic move comes as CRC’s contract for the Family Mart franchise in Thailand is set to expire in 2023. The rebranding aims to align and streamline CRC’s convenience store business under the Tops Daily banner, CRC’s chief operating officer, Maytinee Phisutsinthop stated.

As part of this transformation, Central Retail has begun gradually rebranding and changing the store signage from “Family Mart” to “Tops Daily.”

The transition has commenced in various branches over the past few months, alongside updates to the online platform, which now showcases the new Tops Daily branding.

The new Tops Daily logo features white lettering against a red background. This redesign departs from the previous Tops Daily logo, which had red lettering for “Tops” and black lettering for “Daily” against a yellow background.
The FamilyMart Thailand social media page has also informed its customers inquiring about the situation, stating:

“Family Mart will be rebranded as Tops Daily to consolidate our business operations and provide consistent accessibility and service standards to all our valued customers.”

The number of FamilyMart branches in Thailand has declined drastically from 1,135 in 2017 to 409 in 2023. In contrast, its primary business rival, 7-Eleven, has more than 13,000 branches.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/14/f ... ops-daily/
Bangkokian

Re: Family Mart to become Tops Daily

Post by Bangkokian »

Already has a few weeks ago where I live.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Pattaya News wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:14 am The number of FamilyMart branches in Thailand has declined drastically from 1,135 in 2017 to 409 in 2023. In contrast, its primary business rival, 7-Eleven, has more than 13,000 branches.
Even I see this happen. Typically a 7-Eleven opens close to a Family Mart site and within 2 years, the Family Mart is gone.
However, the rebranding of Family Mart is almost irrelevant.

The bigger problem is that two big groups seem to control a large proportion of the grocery and convenience food market.
CP run 7-Eleven, Lotus, Makro & CP Freshmart
Central have Tops, Big C, Robinsons & Central

I'm not sure who else there is of scale. Foodland ?

Meanwhile, in the UK, the authorities tend to block mergers on competition grounds, when we have Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Waitrose & the CoOp.
A surprising range of products cost more in Thailand & I suspect the lack of competition has something to do with it.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

One thing about the 7-Elevens - no matter where they are and no matter what time it is, they all always have customers inside. Seeing an empty 7-Eleven is rare.
Bangkokian

Post by Bangkokian »

Bangkokian wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:31 pm Already has a few weeks ago where I live.
I only noticed it had happened when I thought "oh, they've changed the ATMs. outside. Then I looked up and saw TOPS DAILY name.