Bar Manager in The Complex asking questions

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: Bar Manager in The Complex asking questions

Post by Gaybutton »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:53 pm And when last did you sat in a bar in the complex?
Jun comes close, but it has probably been longer than that . . .

What difference does it make? Those fem twinks are just my type whether I go to the complex or anywhere else.
gerefan

Post by gerefan »

Undaunted wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:47 am The few times I have gone it appears most of the punters are elderly and appear to have little interest in the staff rather the customers seem to meet in small groups to socialize amongst themselves.
And why not?

People do not want an “off” every single day that they are on holiday, especially if they are staying for the whole of the European winter. An average stay of 90 days gives plenty of time for “offs”.

The other fact that may have escaped your notice, as an expat, is that holiday makers usually only visit once a year and will wish to meet with their friends, who they may not have seen for many months, and who live in Pattaya full time.

The complex bars are a far more sociable place for this rather than the busy Gogo bars like BBB. or the bleak remains of Sunee Plaza.

Visiting Pattaya, especially for the elderly, is not all about offing a guy non stop 24/7.
Jun

Post by Jun »

gerefan wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:45 pmVisiting Pattaya, especially for the elderly, is not all about offing a guy non stop 24/7.
Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Undaunted declared that he retired some years ago ?

If he's managing to off & shag guys 24-7, I look forward to hearing about this in an appropriate thread. The board could do with livening up.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

gerefan wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:45 pm People do not want an “off” every single day that they are on holiday
Also many of those who go to the Complex are local expats, not people on holiday. Some also come to Pattaya from Bangkok and other cities, especially weekends.

It is true that the vast majority of farang in the bars are elderly. Hasn't it always been that way? I don't remember it being much different.

I certainly don't see any shame in becoming elderly and, thank goodness, neither do the boys. Would that be a reason to stop going to the bars if that's what you enjoy? I'm grateful I'm still here to be elderly . . .
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:15 amWould that be a reason to stop going to the bars if that's what you enjoy? I'm grateful I'm still here to be elderly . . .
Getting old is certainly better than the alternative.

Enjoying the bars in Jomtien is also better than not enjoying them. It's a very nice place to be, except when the music is cranked up too high. Even then, moving up the other end of he street is usually sufficient to solve the problem.