4am bar closing time has begun

Anything and everything about Thailand
Gaybutton

Re: 4am bar closing time has begun

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:36 pm They probably didn't release any information about the amount of tea money collected either.
Other than that fatal accident in Chiang Mai, so far I am not seeing any information released about the number of drunk drivers caught anywhere in Thailand. They are not even saying if they caught any drunk drivers, much less how many.

I also would be interested to know how many bars really did remain open until 4am, whether customers cooperated with breathalyzer tests or even if the bars tried to administer them, and what, if anything, happened if customers were shown to be above the legal limit.

Theoretically, if all the measures are actually working, then there should be no drunk drivers at all, assuming they did their drinking in bars.

In other words, as of the time of this post we have virtually zero information.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:01 pmI also would be interested to know how many bars really did remain open until 4am
Well all we need to do is wait for one of the board members to have a good night out and post the research results here.

Gaybutton wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:01 pmwhether customers cooperated with breathalyzer tests or even if the bars tried to administer them
:lol:
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

I am more interested in how many bars stayed open until 4am and which ones. I also would be interested in how many stayed open past 2am, but not necessarily to 4am
KeithAmbrose

Post by KeithAmbrose »

Luckily either time is too late for me!
Jun

Post by Jun »

Gaybutton wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:41 amI am more interested in how many bars stayed open until 4am and which ones.
Well here's a report of Double Shot predictably opening until 4:00 am.
With a reply stating Jomtien Complex is not a designated entertainment zone and those bars are not permitted to open until 4:00 am.
https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/ ... ent-369670

I find it slightly odd that the best gay entertainment area in SE Asia is not designated as an official entertainment zone.

This article describes what is in the entertainment zone:
https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/ ... one-447364

It would make far more sense to have a wider definition of the entertainment zone, whilst simultaneously having some proper noise control, so anyone residing in a hotel within the zone is not at risk of being kept awake until 4:00 am.
Whilst also helping to protect bar employees from hearing damage.
Gaybutton

Post by Gaybutton »

Jun wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:10 pm Jomtien Complex is not a designated entertainment zone and those bars are not permitted to open until 4:00 am.
If that is true, it makes about as much sense as so much else in Thailand. If Jomtien Complex is not a designated entertainment zone, then I have three questions:

1. Why is it not so designated?
2. If it is not a designated entertainment zone, then what is its designation?
3. Will it soon become a designated entertainment zone?

I don't see how it would make any sense, even by Thai standards. to exclude Jomtien Complex from being a designated entertainment zone. What other kind of designation would make any sense?

If it is not so designated and if the Jomtien Complex bars cannot stay open until 4am, then welcome to the next item on my "I Don't Get It" list.
Undaunted

Post by Undaunted »

No surprise about the complex as it sits right in the middle of a high populated residential area however, even if it were allowed to stay open till 4am considering the overwhelming customer base are geriatrics how many do you think would even be awake.
"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"
Jun

Post by Jun »

Well, the obvious question to add to the list is:
4. What is the point of zoning rules ?

In my view, they ought to be to protect residents from noise and disturbance.

In which case, why is there no control on the noise volume from the bars that are operating in Jomtien ?